Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Relic m42 single decal.

Article about: I bought this relic m42 sd, do you guys think it’s an original? the splittpins do look odd tough.

Hey, I did saw a stamp on the split pins, maybe if I’d remove and take a closer look I could possibly found out the maker.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic m42 single decal.
    P
    Many

Quote by Snipermaxim1900 View Post
    Hey, I did saw a stamp on the split pins, maybe if I’d remove and take a closer look I could possibly found out the maker.
    If they are marked then probably wartime, although as Danmark has stated not original to this particular lid. It's not easy to tell if the outer surface of these pins is painted or showing similar corrosion to the shells outer surface.

For all this I like it, as its named as well, looks like "Rudi" and perhaps had his Feldpost number on the side. A true relic.

No the helmet has defenently not been cleaned with oxalis acid.

?

Sniper-

I think those are original splitpins, just maybe not original to that helmet either way they look right and I would not remove them.

Red face

Quote by MAP View Post
    Makes no sense to add fake pins to a Relic.
    Er.......I have !

I wasn't going to reply to this but decided the best policy was to Man Up and confess.......

Way back in earlier collecting days I bought a very cheap relic M42 with little corrosion but missing pins. So to make it look better on home display I added fak....or maybe I should say repro....pins. They sufficed until I could afford a complete original helmet ( I still have the relic ).

So now I'd better grab my stuff and run !

I think your vast collection of real battlefield relics sways in your favour Martin .......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

There was also one part I fortnite to say, the sellers of the helmet said to me when I bought the helmet, that the helmet was untouched since ww2

Quote by Snipermaxim1900 View Post
    There was also one part I fortnite to say, the sellers of the helmet said to me when I bought the helmet, that the helmet was untouched since ww2
    Then it must be true …

MAP
    ?

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    Er.......I have !

I wasn't going to reply to this but decided the best policy was to Man Up and confess.......

Way back in earlier collecting days I bought a very cheap relic M42 with little corrosion but missing pins. So to make it look better on home display I added fak....or maybe I should say repro....pins. They sufficed until I could afford a complete original helmet ( I still have the relic ).

So now I'd better grab my stuff and run !
    ROFL!!!!!! Well I didn't say it's not done......just that it doesn't make sense

But yes...I see your point.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Unhappy

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I think your vast collection of real battlefield relics sways in your favour Martin .......
    Well, my Wife would call it 'old junk' but we're perhaps straying O/T.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2