Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ss helmet bullet near decal

Article about: Hi. This helmet I think belongs in my collection the helmet itself is perfect for me bullet damaged very much I don’t care about the shell just the decal the price is 754 aud it has a make

Save your money and wait for a better example. You won't regret it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss helmet bullet near decal
    P
    Many

?

Why can’t I start it with the price it’s how I do it

Quote by Will95 View Post
    If you want to mention the price being asked for whatever it is you are buying, then you go ahead and do it. What the forum really frowns upon is people asking for valuations. The downside of mentioning the price is that some people might rightfully wonder why anyone would pay so much for such a battered helmet.

Cheers,
    Steve

Quote by Will95 View Post
    A gentleman does not talk about prices.

Which bullet hole are we talking about?

?

if it is the real deal, then this poor guy was at GROUND ZERO!!

As someone who does forensic analysis on weapon effects including ballistics and bullet strikes I am trouble seeing one! A few possible shapes but I would need to see the exact supposed strike point and both sides if possible.

All I can see is damage which is typically caused by shards of metal from HE shells. Shrapnel (lead) balls wouldn't inflict that kind of damage.

I circled the bullet entry hole here, you can see the stress cracks around the hole aswell.

Ss helmet bullet near decal

Well it's like no other bullet hole I've ever seen! Mind you I've only been doing this job 42 years. I see no petalling or indications I would expect from a bullet strike and hole. Likewise HTM the actual (possible) fragmentation damage I could be persuaded with a bit more evidence but shrapnel no way.
    To be honest the damage looks like decay to me possibly with breakage by being struck hard by an unknown object or objects.
    I would stand up in court and happily state that, (and have for all sorts of events on numerous occasions).

R
    Last edited by vegetius; 10-28-2021 at 12:48 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast