Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Stahlhelm M35 SD WH reissue remains.

Article about: Hi, Today decided to share some photos of the remains from a german M35 steel helmet, which was found recently in the positions where in 1944.december - 1945. march was stationed grenadier r

Default Stahlhelm M35 SD WH reissue remains.

Hi,
    Today decided to share some photos of the remains from a german M35 steel helmet, which was found recently in the positions where in 1944.december - 1945. march was stationed grenadier regiment 502 (290. Infantry division/ Wehrmacht), with other units. The helmet was in collapsed bunker where a wooden log from ceiling had fallen on it, breaking it in pieces.
    With best regards,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stahlhelm M35 SD WH reissue remains.   Stahlhelm M35 SD WH reissue remains.  

Stahlhelm M35 SD WH reissue remains.   Stahlhelm M35 SD WH reissue remains.  

Stahlhelm M35 SD WH reissue remains.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stahlhelm M35 SD WH reissue remains.
    P
    Many

Very nice sand field repaint, thin enough so the decal has shown through ( more grit than pigment )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

That's a super relic Oberschütze, clearly named as well. Just about as good as it can get out in the field. Now can we work out the name? Böhm? I'm not sure.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    That's a super relic Oberschütze, clearly named as well. Just about as good as it can get out in the field. Now can we work out the name? Böhm? I'm not sure.
    Thank You, shame that it was shattered in pieces by ceiling log though. Maybe the last name was Bönig?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stahlhelm M35 SD WH reissue remains.  

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Very nice sand field repaint, thin enough so the decal has shown through ( more grit than pigment )
    Thank You, it was a bitter sweet moment when it was found, since maybe half meter further was an M42 helmet that was in better condition. Not too many helmets with decals in Kurland pocket in my limited experience.

Bönig is not an unusual name, but I located one Andreas Bönig born 29th March 1918 in Lilienthal who fell on 22.11.44 in Kurland, S.W. Frauenberg. Rank also Obergefreiter.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Bönig is not an unusual name, but I located one Andreas Bönig born 29th March 1918 in Lilienthal who fell on 22.11.44 in Kurland, S.W. Frauenberg. Rank also Obergefreiter.
    Interesting, the area where helmet was found is 20km west from Frauenburg. The area itself was not really a fortified one- only bunkers, there was also logistics hub for a while, no defense lines, field fortifications there- nearest ones allmost 1km south, but there are traces of artillery fire- from 82mm mortars and Katyusha MLRS.
    Last edited by Oberschutze; 05-23-2023 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Wrong location.