Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Stahlhelm M42 ND

Article about: Hi, Today decided to share some photos of the remains from another german steel helmet- M42 with no decals, which was found recently in the positions where in 1944.december - 1945. march was

Default Stahlhelm M42 ND

Hi,
    Today decided to share some photos of the remains from another german steel helmet- M42 with no decals, which was found recently in the positions where in 1944.december - 1945. march was stationed grenadier regiment 502 (290. Infantry division/ Wehrmacht), with other units. The helmet was in the same collapsed bunker where the broken M35 SD WH helmet from my previous post was found.
    With best regards,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stahlhelm M42 ND   Stahlhelm M42 ND  

Stahlhelm M42 ND   Stahlhelm M42 ND  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stahlhelm M42 ND
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

A nice salty relic
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    A nice salty relic
    Thank You, it is shame though that most of the time liner bands are gone due rust, plus the worst side was pressed against wooden plank and spruce branches- it seems that if metal is in contact with organic materials it corodes way faster. For me it was interesting to see that chinstrap had manufacturer markings done with ink stamp rather than being punched in in leather.