Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Strange relic transitional

Article about: Bought this a while back for a good price, according to the seller it was brought back in the 90’s from Russia by a relic hunter who went in after the fall of the USSR. Strange remains of

Default Strange relic transitional

Bought this a while back for a good price, according to the seller it was brought back in the 90’s from Russia by a relic hunter who went in after the fall of the USSR. Strange remains of a green paint, and some letters on the front of the helmet. I can make out H, E, and then either an I or am L. Wondering what your opinions are on these weird details?Strange relic transitional Strange relic transitional Strange relic transitionalStrange relic transitional

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange relic transitional
    P
    Many

Post war messed with M16 sized 64 shell. Looks like it may have been a single decal TR reissue at some point judging by the decal remnant on the left side. It’s anyones guess as to what the post war green paint and lettering might mean.

More photos of the interior and left hand side would be interesting to see.

Andy

Lots of heavy pitting, looks like it sat upside down for a longggg time. I notice what looks like 3 layers of paint albeit I have an untrained eye. The original pale green, a sort of metallic greyish green, and then the newest coat the weird bright green. Strange relic transitionalStrange relic transitionalStrange relic transitionalStrange relic transitional

The bright green would be post 1945 but there may be a little bit of re-issue green/dark grey paint remaining. Note the remains of the two WW1 period chinstrap lugs on each side of the interior. Can’t tell if there was ever a decal on the right hand side due to the poor surface of the shell.

I’m sure in hand more colours can be seen as you have noted.