Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Turkey neck eagle. M35 DD Relic

Article about: Purchased from Stalingrad Front(I know they have a mixed rapport on here.) Found in a dump pit. Looks like heavy brushing/oxalic acid followed by WD-40 was used due to lighter green color. M

Question Turkey neck eagle. M35 DD Relic

Purchased from Stalingrad Front(I know they have a mixed rapport on here.)

Found in a dump pit. Looks like heavy brushing/oxalic acid followed by WD-40 was used due to lighter green color. My concern is the decal. Eagle has a very thin neck with black behind it rather than green paint you'd expect to see if scrubbing/brushing was the reason so much of the eagles neck is missing. Fake/painted decal or perhaps one of the early ET layered decals that the Ruskie relic hunters went too crazy with a brush/acid on?

Just the one picture, helmet is not yet in hand.

Turkey neck eagle. M35 DD Relic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Turkey neck eagle. M35 DD Relic
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum.

Do you happen to have clearer photos? A close up of the decal?

Also the Maker and Lot number and a photo of the interior?

Not a decal I recognize. At this point it is anyones guess but better photos will help.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yep, too hard to say anything with such a blurred image.
    "Turkey neck" .......an apt description!!!

@ Apt description
    Haha, that or the "gobble gobble" ET edition.

Hopefully it'll be here soon and I'll take better decals. I'm never fully trusting with the helmets I get from SF but have had good luck in the past with careful picking. Will update with better pictures asap. (One annoying feature of the site is they get rid of all photos except for the main picture once an item is sold. I BELIEVE it's an ET size 66 but take with grain of salt.)