Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrmacht helmet M35 / from Smolensk

Article about: I recently bought a few relic helmets. The first of these is this M35 SD Wehrmacht helmet with remnants of the liner. He was found near Smolensk, near the village 'Krasniy Borm' in Russia I

hvm
    ?

Default Wehrmacht helmet M35 / from Smolensk

I recently bought a few relic helmets. The first of these is this M35 SD Wehrmacht helmet with remnants of the liner. He was found near Smolensk, near the village 'Krasniy Borm' in Russia I am told. I would like to hear your opinion about this helmet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht helmet M35 / from Smolensk
    P
    Many

hvm
    ?

The photo upload and handling system of this forum and I, will probably never be friends. For some reason it shows images double, which I already deleted earlier.
    Last edited by hvm; 04-18-2022 at 09:07 AM. Reason: solved the problem

Would I be correct in saying this was from Stalingradfront? i'm pretty sure i've seen it while browsing their website,nice solid relic.

hvm
    ?

Correct. After a lot of browsing, I tried to find the best ones that still display nicely and have a story to it. I like that the finding location is known. This way I can look it up on Google maps and find the story behind the battle there. Smolensk in this case has quite some stories that played over there I found out.

Cool they do have some pretty good shells on offer.to be honest i was put off only by current events and whether the Helmet would arrive ok,but obviously in this instance there wasn't a problem.nice buy again.

MAP
    ?

This one looks legit. Relics from this dealer are hit or miss.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

All those spheres will let go. And a lot of spheres that are almost invisible now. They will also let go. And under the skin it is often a larger sphere. This process takes years. Later, much later, it becomes more stable. Under the right circumstances. No moist environment. The brown color from rusting will then change to a somewhat dark shade. I own many archaeological finds helmets. But I always chose helmets with a tight skin paint. They don't have that problem.

?

I got smiliar condition helmet before.... but the decal and paint chip off really bad due to dry and heat...... i put the helmet store inside the plastic bags and tons of paint chipping out........