Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 Org. Todt Helmet Relic!

Article about: Hello everyone! This is my first post on this forum! I'm mainly a US Collector but I couldn't pass the opportunity to pass this up! This helmet was found in Italy and I don't know too much a

Default WW2 Org. Todt Helmet Relic!

Hello everyone!

This is my first post on this forum! I'm mainly a US Collector but I couldn't pass the opportunity to pass this up! This helmet was found in Italy and I don't know too much about it! All I've found out is that this helmet is pretty rare! Does anyone know a value?

Please message me if you have any questions,
    -MassMilitaria
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Org. Todt Helmet Relic!   WW2 Org. Todt Helmet Relic!  

WW2 Org. Todt Helmet Relic!   WW2 Org. Todt Helmet Relic!  

WW2 Org. Todt Helmet Relic!   WW2 Org. Todt Helmet Relic!  

WW2 Org. Todt Helmet Relic!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Org. Todt Helmet Relic!
    P
    Many

Is this a luft helmet or am i missing something? Excuse my ignorance

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum.

What you have is a relic M40 (maybe an M35 but doubt it) helmet with the remains of a decal.

Given the position of the swastika it might just well be a Todt but so little is left it is hard to tell.

Todt helmets are very rare and fakers have even put them on relic helmet shells.

Further, confirming originally, with such little decal being left is extremely difficult.

Let's wait for other opinions but in the meantime do a quick search on the forum (box on upper right of the page) using the keywords "organized Todt helmet" will pull up some examples.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by Eagle mtn View Post
    Is this a luft helmet or am i missing something? Excuse my ignorance
    I don't think it is a Luft based on the remaining parts of the decal. But I'm looking at this from a small cell phone

'Org Todt' helmet

But if I remember correctly ( could be mixing it up), many Org Told helmets started out as Lufts. (Correction - I think that is RAD helmets)

I think it would be great if Jim/Frank/David opined.
    Last edited by MAP; 02-25-2018 at 02:55 PM.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello there!

Thank you for your swift response! I have included a few more photos of the decal. It looks so much better in person.

Best,
    -MassMilitaria
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Org. Todt Helmet Relic!   WW2 Org. Todt Helmet Relic!  

First of all I am this point in time not convinced the org todts decals even existed.
    Why ? Because in all my years collecting and on forums not 1 good Decalled org todt helmet has surfaced.
    In these photos I honestly can't make out what kind of decal it is my first feeling is that it is a heer one.

Further more I think it has a better chance being a RAD decal with the lower part of a Heer decal revealed. I used to own one similar , will show it later.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    First of all I am this point in time not convinced the org todts decals even existed.
    Why ? Because in all my years collecting and on forums not 1 good Decalled org todt helmet has surfaced.
    In these photos I honestly can't make out what kind of decal it is my first feeling is that it is a heer one.

My first thought was Heer as well, but at first glance late last nifht the Swaz looked to be positioned a bit high but now that I'm looking again you may be right.

Hello all,

Thank you all for your input,

In person, I can easily make out the words ORG TODT on the decal. I’ll try to post a better photo of it later. It’s really difficult to make out in one.

Best,
    -MassMilitaria

Here’s the better photos. I can clearly see Org Todt on the decal. Looking closely, you can also see the rounded bottom as well.

Best,
    -MassMilitaria

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast