Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fake Fallschirmager Helmet?

Article about: Hello everyone, I would like to ask for your help regarding a friends fallschirmjager helmet. I am an absolute newbie on German Second World War helmets, but I know that the paratroopers hel

Default Fake Fallschirmager Helmet?

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask for your help regarding a friends fallschirmjager helmet. I am an absolute newbie on German Second World War helmets, but I know that the paratroopers helmets along with the SS are commonly the most desired and the most faked out there.
    This friend of mine bought this helmet for "a great price" and he was told that the only thing not WW2 is the liner and chinstrap. From the photos he sent me, in my humble opinion I believe that the helmet shell is also not original along with the paint. Comparing to other examples from known collectors I even believe that the shape of the helmet is "wrong", but again I am a complete newbie. Also, no markings whatsoever on this one.

I would be forever thankful for your opinions and remarks. I believe that this is one of the best ways to learn in this hobby, through constructive criticism.

Thank you so much!

Kind Regards,

Sergio
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake Fallschirmager Helmet?   Fake Fallschirmager Helmet?  

Fake Fallschirmager Helmet?   Fake Fallschirmager Helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake Fallschirmager Helmet?
    P
    Many

?

It looks like some work with vice grips to modify the front rim of a repro shell.
    Wise or knowledgeable members will possibly avoid comment on the item.

Quote by Kateri View Post
    It looks like some work with vice grips to modify the front rim of a repro shell.
    Thats one way to get the double dip!! .....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi Sergio.

This looks like a Chinese reproduction. The shape of the shell is not right and you say there are no stamps, that is also a red flag.

Kind regards,

Will.

thank you so much Kateri! I do think that the shell looks "taller" in some parts when comparing it with photos from an original. The seller sold to my friend as a helmet that was in the family since the 1950s.... Told him to get his money back!

Hi Dan, sorry for the newbie question but what would be a double dip? Thanks!

Hi Will!

Thanks so much for your remarks. I already told my friend about it and I hope he gets his money back. This is my first post on the forum, I hope I can ask a lot of questions about items from my own collection as well and don't be a nuisance. In my country we don't have militaria events so the only way to compare and learn is through online forums like this one. I collect most WW1 items but I have 2 german WW2 helmets that I only bought because the sellers have a good reputation but I can't confirm on my own if they are the real deal.

Hi Sergio.

We are all collectors here and like to help each other so ask lots of questions.

Please feel free to start a new thread and show us some of your collection too.

Kind regards,

Will.

MAP
    ?

Nothing to like here IMHO.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MusiMilitaria View Post
    Hi Dan, sorry for the newbie question but what would be a double dip? Thanks!
    Look at the front edge of this one - a barely perceptible "dip" or 'Wave" is present on original shells.

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast