Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fallschirmjaeger M38, ET66 - near-mint - too good to be true?

Article about: Hello friends, This is my first time delving into M38s, so I would be grateful for any help. This one is an ET66, lot no. 5058. I'm no expert by any means, but I would like to think it looks

?

Default Fallschirmjaeger M38, ET66 - near-mint - too good to be true?

Hello friends,

This is my first time delving into M38s, so I would be grateful for any help. This one is an ET66, lot no. 5058.

I'm no expert by any means, but I would like to think it looks good - but something tells me to be wary. For one thing it's been up for sale for quite a while with no buyers, but perhaps that's due to the price. The liner stitching looks authentic, the shell has that line scored along the inner rim, and the decal has a nice patina - to my eyes anyway. As always I am glad to be educated.

As advertised, with much more detailed photos: M38 German paratrooper combat helmet, << depot / mint unissued >> (account required to view)

Also, has anyone dealt with this dealer before?

Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjaeger M38, ET66 - near-mint - too good to be true?
    P
    Many

I cannot comment on the Adler as I have never studied them, but the helmet looks a good one!

Cheers,
    Steve

I like it! Hopefully Terry will chime in. Jim G.

TWS
    ?

PM sent.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

M38
    ?

That is a really nice example although calling it mint unissued is overselling it a bit I think, especially on the interior. Otherwise I see no red flags at all. It is the price that is holding anyone back from buying it I think. Probably at least 50-60% higher than you might expect. LUX is quite trustworthy on originality in most cases but their prices are generally pushing the envelope. Top quality can command top prices however. The small size would be a little bit of a drawback to some potential buyers as well.

Cheers,
    Terry

MAP
    ?

That's a stupid steep price! Even for the excellent condition this is in.

Great helmet though, although I would prefer one with a bit more wear.
    Last edited by MAP; 11-09-2022 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Had to add in the word "stupid".
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks for your input gentlemen. I agree the price is very steep, but I was curious as to originality. When I see something this good looking (to me) sitting in a store for a long while I grow suspicious (a good trait in this game). Obviously it's just the price that's keeping it there. Though I have to say, I've seen rougher M38s sell at auction for the same or more.

?

Hello,
    I have purchased a number of items from Lux Militaria over the years. The prices are steep but the Service is excellent. I’ve had no issues.
    Cheers,
    Colin

Lux always seem to acquire Helmets whether that be German or US that no other seller is able to get a sniff at.maybe they know more collectors or collections becoming available who knows.they we're the subject of a huge blow up argument on aFB Helmet collecting group back in 2020.I do like most of what they sell but don't know anyone personally that can touch their prices and they don't budge either,i've approached a few times without any joy,only got to check the M1's listed on with them.been sitting for a year to no movement.not sure what's their sales strategy is other than "that's our price take it or leave it".but again it's all really top end stuff.

MAP
    ?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Lux always seem to acquire Helmets whether that be German or US that no other seller is able to get a sniff at.maybe they know more collectors or collections becoming available who knows.they we're the subject of a huge blow up argument on aFB Helmet collecting group back in 2020.I do like most of what they sell but don't know anyone personally that can touch their prices and they don't budge either,i've approached a few times without any joy,only got to check the M1's listed on with them.been sitting for a year to no movement.not sure what's their sales strategy is other than "that's our price take it or leave it".but again it's all really top end stuff.
    Like some other dealers, maybe some of these items are almost part of his collection (i.e he doesn't mind keeping them on the shelf). But he is willing to sell....if someone is willing to pay the "I gotta have it price". If not...then back on his shelf it goes for him to enjoy.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast