Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German FJ Helmet - need help with this please

Article about: Was on another forum and someone said this is an FJ helmet? It's a friends that is looking to sell it and I know nothing about it so I thought I would reach out and see if someone could give

Default German FJ Helmet - need help with this please

Was on another forum and someone said this is an FJ helmet? It's a friends that is looking to sell it and I know nothing about it so I thought I would reach out and see if someone could give me an idea of what it is, value, and where I would sell this online. Thanks in advance!

German FJ Helmet - need help with this pleaseGerman FJ Helmet - need help with this pleaseGerman FJ Helmet - need help with this pleaseGerman FJ Helmet - need help with this pleaseGerman FJ Helmet - need help with this pleaseGerman FJ Helmet - need help with this please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German FJ Helmet - need help with this please
    P
    Many

imo an original FJ helmet.

Thanks! Do you know what value it has and where would I go to sell this? It's my brother's father in laws and he asked me to help him sell some of these items he has had sitting around. Is ebay a good place to go or right here on the forums in a classified section?

Quote by biglsells View Post
    Thanks! Do you know what value it has and where would I go to sell this? It's my brother's father in laws and he asked me to help him sell some of these items he has had sitting around. Is ebay a good place to go or right here on the forums in a classified section?
    Sorry, we don't do evaluations. We are more than happy to help you to determine what you have but we are not a free evaluation service. If you own it, you can post it for sale here in the classifieds. You are not allowed to sell on behalf of someone else as it could cause a nightmare if there was a problem with the item.
    Ralph.

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

OK thank you, understandable as well.

MAP
    ?

It's a camouflaged M-38. I am not knowledgeable enough to provide an opinion on the M-38 helmets (shell, camo, liner) but I'm sure one of the gang will be around soon. Just be patient.

Do you have a picture of the whole liner including the chin straps and some close ups of the chin straps snaps / buckle as well as a straight on shot of the decal. Also outside pictures (away from direct sunlight and no flash) will go a long way for the experts to provide some help. Even if the shell and liner are original there is always the question about the camo paint which can be a bear to authenticate. Typically an in hand inspection is best.

Furthermore it is missing one of the spanner bolts.

Assuming originality, price is highly dependent on condition and such. You can check out these dealers (see post #4 in the thread below - they are all US dealers) for comparisons but again, what may appear to be a similar helmet could command a completely different price based on small differences. Also, dealer prices (due to overhead, etc.) are typically 25% to 30% higher (at a minimum) than collector to collector prices.

Australia Helmet Dealers

Hope this helps at least a little and good luck for your friend.

P.s. if deemed original, you can always post it on the forum classifieds here
    Last edited by MAP; 11-15-2016 at 05:22 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)