Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Paratrooper Helmet

Article about: This helmet is being offered locally. I'm not the best with paratrooper helmets, but it looks decent to me? The photos are not the best, but its what was sent to me. Thoughts? Thank you for

Default German Paratrooper Helmet

This helmet is being offered locally. Supposedly, somebody's relative brought it back, but I don't buy stories. I'm not the best with paratrooper helmets, but it looks decent to me? From my searches on here, the stamps look ok, the rim has the line, the shape looks right. The photos are not the best, but its what was sent to me. Thoughts? Thank you for the help ABN

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Paratrooper Helmet
    P
    Many

So far so good. Looks ok.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Are there any specific things I should get photos of on this one to dispel any concerns? Thank you

M38
    ?

I agree it looks okay although the color of the paint seems a little strange. That could be poor lighting though. You might want to ask for better pictures in good natural light, and also close ups of the decal just to be sure.

Cheers,
    Terry

MAP
    ?

I think it is the lighting. Agree with Terry, natural light photos are a must.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you everyone for the replies. This helmet has had quite a journey. As the story goes: It was brought back by an American GI who gave it to his nephew to play with. That nephew was living in San Francisco and recently had to move. In doing so his brother-in-law came over to help and found this helmet in a pile to be donated. The brother-in-law put the helmet on craigslist and sold it right away. I tracked down the buyer and picked it up. I realize the lighting in the original photos was not the best, so I have retaken the photos. However the sun is high and there is some reflection, I will try again later. ABN

MAP
    ?

Winner winner chicken dinner. That is a great helmet. thanks for the better photos
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Here's some more

Sweet!!!!

Now go out and buy a lottery ticket..

The Magic Leprechaun is shining down on you..

Incredible find.. Well done

Smitty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast