Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Information on German M38 Helmet

Article about: First let me begin by thanking anyone who can assist me on this helmet. First of all I realize that the helmet has been repainted and that the decal is a fake add on but I was if the shell i

Default Information on German M38 Helmet

First let me begin by thanking anyone who can assist me on this helmet. First of all I realize that the helmet has been repainted and that the decal is a fake add on but I was if the shell itself and possibly the liner stand any chance. On one of the snaps on the chinstrap I found SWIP-3-ESHA around it's circumference. Any markings on the inside back of the helmet are covered by the linerband and I can't seem to move it enough st view below it. Anything you can tell about this helmet as far as any authenticity will be greatly appreciated!Information on German M38 HelmetInformation on German M38 HelmetInformation on German M38 HelmetInformation on German M38 HelmetInformation on German M38 Helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Information on German M38 Helmet   Information on German M38 Helmet  

Information on German M38 Helmet   Information on German M38 Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Information on German M38 Helmet
    P
    Many

M38
    ?

Pictures are not very clear and do not show some critical areas but I do not like what I see. I am pretty sure it is post war fake from the ground up.

Cheers,
    Terry

It's a post war GSG9 helmet painted up for re-enactment. The early one's - such as this example - had a liner very similar to the wartime examples, but the later model of this helmet had a different liner. It would have been very collectible in it's own right if someone hadn't buggered it up with that paint scheme.

Cheers,
    Steve

Thank you both for your replies, the price is reasonable so I'm still thinking of purchasing it and attempting to restore it back to it's original colors etc.