Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M38 ???

Article about: Just when I thought the guys from the Ratisbon auction has their "sh-t" together....they post for sale something like this. Starting bid...\\$4500E. Yeah...I know, we all make mistak

Default M38 ???

Just when I thought the guys from the Ratisbon auction had their "sh-t" together....they post for sale something like this. Starting bid...$4500E. Yeah...I know, we all make mistakes. We are only human. Anyone see a problem with this "gem" ? Let's not forget the 17.5% buyers fee, 4% Paypal or CC fee, shipping charges. Will be interesting to see the final winner bid. Or better yet...the final "Looser bid"
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 ???   M38 ???  

M38 ???   M38 ???  

Last edited by real steel; 09-23-2019 at 08:08 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 ???
    P
    Many

WOW! I guess what I really mean is BOW WOW WOW! A one second one look dog bone from across the street! Jim G.

Anybody for "Cauliflower" ? As in the bottom center talon. Not even one of the "better" fakes we see these days, nor the pathetic paint job. Rather than an M38.... how about an M88 ?
    D.

It is a hairy bird decal , I have to check my files to see if it is the one I know.
    For sure not a decal for an FJ helmet.

The dis-formed claws was the first thing i checked. This is my go to area now after the tutorials on WRF and other places about checking decals.
    It looks to have been deliberately scrubbed as well and as you say the paint is off too.

Nick

Frank, I agree that the bird is trying to be a Hairy Bird but it is a fake none the less. Jim G.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 09-22-2019 at 01:21 PM.

The auctioneers corrected their description to now state "Replica eagle decal !!". Nice of them to do so, wonder if the price will now reflect the issue ?
    D.

Quote by real steel View Post
    The auctioneers corrected their description to now state "Replica eagle decal !!". Nice of them to do so, wonder if the price will now reflect the issue ?
    D.
    So sweet of them the Quist M40 SS is also a problem.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    So sweet of them the Quist M40 SS is also a problem.
    Yes it is. I am afraid to look at others.
    D.

This is rather interesting. An admitted post war camo repaint on the same auction. What interest me is what appears to be the same repro eagle decal on both helmets. I don't "follow" repro decals, so I am wondering if this is a commonly seen fake ? A coincidence ? Or applied on both helmets by the same "artist" ??

Note the "cauliflower" or "dog bone" talon centered on the bottom leg & the odd "hook" talon on the top leg, right talon
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 ???   M38 ???  

Last edited by real steel; 09-23-2019 at 10:22 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast