Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M38 Camo, need opinions

Article about: I have bought from this guy before I am happy with that lid, so this one now pops up on the horizon, and I though I would ask a question on weather its good. I think it is, but it never hurt

?

Default Re: M38 Camo, need opinions

Yeah I would be careful with that one.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 Camo, need opinions
    P
    Many

Already stepped back from it, in the nicest way of course. I do appreciate the heads up though. This m38 is up on GHW now to.

?

The linner is 1000% post war, I've put some links below to pic's of original FJ linner's you will see at once the reason i say 1000%.

That helmet is coming out off Latvia one off the world leader's for high end German copy's. Visor's, tunic's, helmet's the work's..

But the helmet shell look's good, So what I think is, It's a relic shell that has been re-painted with camo paint and a post war copy linner. And you can get FJ relic shell for $150- $350 paint and post war linner for $50-$80 so I would not pay more with about $350 if that.

If you buy it you will live forever with it. Because you will never find a original linner and strap's you just cant get them I KNOW!

Fallschirmjager Combat Helmet-SOLD

Fallschirmjager S/D Combat Helmet-SOLD

?

One more thing if that's a original FJ three camo helmet and linner it's a $7000-$10,000 helmet. SO WHY IS IT ON EBAY!!! The seller know's it will only go for $2000 max. The seller know's that if it was on a high end site for $8000 it would get picked apart for what it really is.

?

Ken N just sold an FJ liner w straps for $2000. Sold in seconds.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Ken N just sold an Fallschirmjager liner w straps for $2000. Sold in seconds.
    My point was there very rare.

?

Quote by Astara View Post
    My point was there very rare.
    That was mine as well!

Thanks for the comments, I am moving away from the lid, thanks to comments here and at GHW.

I am fully away latvia isnt the best place to buy lids from and fleabay isnt either, in saying that I have got myself a couple of lookers from there for a steal(and yes they are real, been shown online before)/ I am also aware of the prices of FJ's as well and know what the asking price of this would be in the dealers circle, and I know this one is cheap for what it is. Bargains still exist though and I for one like to snap them up if I can. Thats why I hang out here, so I can get advise on lids I am not certain about.

Thanks again guys!

?

Well it just sold for $3600.00. 8-10 times more then i would of paid. I think that is the most for any FJ helmet on eBay. Let's just hope I was wrong about it, If not there is a very sorry man out there $3600.00 down.

Yep I saw that this morning. I would have been out ages before that as well, hopefullywe were all wrong for the new owner.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2