Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M38 FJ - ET 68 - Lot # 960

Article about: I have had this one for about 10 years. It has some damage to the liner (blood?) and the end of the long strap. It has the war time style buckle and early spanner bolts that don't look as if

Default M38 FJ - ET 68 - Lot # 960

I have had this one for about 10 years. It has some damage to the liner (blood?) and the end of the long strap. It has the war time style buckle and early spanner bolts that don't look as if they have ever been turned. You can see where the Adler decal was scrapped off, and until today I didn't think that there was any evidence that there ever was a tricolor decal, but the more I look at the picture of the spanner bolt on the right side of the helmet, the more I think that this may originally have been a DD! It is not mint, but is a fair example. Hope you like it! Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 FJ -  ET 68 -  Lot # 960   M38 FJ -  ET 68 -  Lot # 960  

M38 FJ -  ET 68 -  Lot # 960   M38 FJ -  ET 68 -  Lot # 960  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 FJ -  ET 68 -  Lot # 960
    P
    Many

Default Re: M38 FJ - ET 68 - Lot # 960

Surprised no one has commented Jim.
    But it is a nice example. I would love to see your collection. You keep popping these out, makes me wonder how many you have?
    Anyways, nice example................ again!

?

Nice helmet but BTW the 'blood' stains on the liner may be nothing more than evidence that the liner was soaked at some time. Apparently this causes a reddening effect on the leather. This was discussed on another thread on this forum where an expert on these matters pointed this out. So it may not be so gory after all. Of course it could still be blood!

?

No news is good news maybe....

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Surprised no one has commented Jim.
    But it is a nice example. I would love to see your collection. You keep popping these out, makes me wonder how many you have?
    Anyways, nice example................ again!
    Thanks John, I have been collecting since 1962 off and on, and in earnest since 1990. I have all but about 5 or 6 of the helmets that I have ever owned, so I guess that it is fair to say that I have accumulated a few over the years. I don't have many minty examples, as I like helmets that have been used, but I am fairly confident that the ones I have are, for the most part, all good. I post them here primarily to help newer collectors by showing what a real example looks like. I hope it has helped the learning process. I am also learning one hell of alot from some of the senior members of the forum, like you, Ade, Doug, Frank and the others who have a wealth of knowledge and freely share it with us. This is really a good forum, and I have enjoyed being a member these last 2 years. Cheers. Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Thanks John, I have been collecting since 1962 off and on, and in earnest since 1990. I have all but about 5 or 6 of the helmets that I have ever owned, so I guess that it is fair to say that I have accumulated a few over the years. I don't have many minty examples, as I like helmets that have been used, but I am fairly confident that the ones I have are, for the most part, all good. I post them here primarily to help newer collectors by showing what a real example looks like. I hope it has helped the learning process. I am also learning one hell of alot from some of the senior members of the forum, like you, Ade, Doug, Frank and the others who have a wealth of knowledge and freely share it with us. This is really a good forum, and I have enjoyed being a member these last 2 years. Cheers. Jim G.
    I totaly agree about collecting helmets that have been use.

chris