Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M38 - Late War Ckl 71 Re-shoot

Article about: Playing with my new lights so took this out to photograph. A difficult color to photograph well indoors. Anyway, posted this one almost 4 years ago when I only had a cheap cell phone. Not mu

MAP
    ?

Default M38 - Late War Ckl 71 Re-shoot

Playing with my new lights so took this out to photograph. A difficult color to photograph well indoors.

Anyway, posted this one almost 4 years ago when I only had a cheap cell phone.

Not much to say. A real salty battle vet and possibly a corpse cut. Also appears to have some blood damage.

It's a very later war no decal flared rim style. Sloppy rolled rim but a hard to find (so I'm told) size 71 shell. Unfortunately the stampings are so weak combined with surface rust, makes them invisible. It should be batch number #4054

Double click photos to enlarge.

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 - Late War Ckl 71 Re-shoot
    P
    Many

?

I like the lighting!
    Thats a nice helmet!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Ethan View Post
    I like the lighting!
    Thats a nice helmet!
    Thanks! Still tinkering with the lights but much better than before. Still outdoor photos are THE way to go.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I didn't even realise that you had an M38, and not a bad one at that. A bit salty but really not bad at all compared to other helmets.
    Photos are excellent, even with the indoor lighting.
    At some point you should try to photograph everything in your collection in one shot - maybe when you get that custom air conditioned basement / war room.
    Nick

MAP
    ?

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    I didn't even realise that you had an M38, and not a bad one at that. A bit salty but really not bad at all compared to other helmets.
    Photos are excellent, even with the indoor lighting.
    At some point you should try to photograph everything in your collection in one shot - maybe when you get that custom air conditioned basement / war room.
    Nick
    It's going to be another 2+ years before I have my new war room! I was thinking of taking all my helmets out for a group photo shoot this summer but that would be over 65 helmets (40 German). Would take me all day so canned the idea.

But I do have this panorama photos. It's just one room, but I have a number of other cabinets in other rooms and closets.

Yes, a little bit salty but that’s how I like them. Just as though they were picked up off the battlefield yesterday - the complete time capsule!

Wonderful collection room too! Hard to know where to look! Setting up mine at the moment and just took all of my Detolfs back to Ikea when I saw a slight bend in the glass.

MAP
    ?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Yes, a little bit salty but that’s how I like them. Just as though they were picked up off the battlefield yesterday - the complete time capsule!

Wonderful collection room too! Hard to know where to look! Setting up mine at the moment and just took all of my Detolfs back to Ikea when I saw a slight bend in the glass.
    Well wouldn't want those cases to shatter as we have seen before. LoL

My room started off neat but over the years it just filled up so what ever you do, just make sure you have room for expansion! Lots of expansion.

The helmet is a nice one & the pics are very good
    D.

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    The helmet is a nice one & the pics are very good
    D.
    Thanks David. A one look example that has seen it's share of action.

A very difficult helmet to photograph. Extremely difficult if I may say so. Feldgrau on a white background it tough to edit.

Very nice example and very nice pictures in my opinion. Looks like fresh from the battlefield. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast