Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M38 No Decal FJ - Slotted Bolts

Article about: Here is one that I have had for about a decade, a flared edge M 38, CKL size71 shell, size 60 liner, lot number 4255. The maker stamp is nearly entirely under the liner band. It has slotted

Default M38 No Decal FJ - Slotted Bolts

Here is one that I have had for about a decade, an M 38, CKL size 71 shell with a size 60 liner, lot number 4255. The maker/size stamp is nearly entirely under the liner band. It has ventless slotted bolts, one of which is missing. The cream colored liner is dry and has damage, and the “death cut” straps are missing the end of the long side. The buckle remains. It has the expected dark gray/black dome pads. Not mint by any stretch, just a representative piece. All comments are welcome. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 No Decal FJ - Slotted Bolts   M38 No Decal FJ - Slotted Bolts  

M38 No Decal FJ - Slotted Bolts   M38 No Decal FJ - Slotted Bolts  

Last edited by helmet2id; 09-12-2021 at 11:42 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 No Decal FJ - Slotted Bolts
    P
    Many

More pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 No Decal FJ - Slotted Bolts   M38 No Decal FJ - Slotted Bolts  

M38
    ?

Classic late war para, nice one Jim. Not too hard to find a real bolt replacement if you so desired. I'm assuming the one in there now was not done wartime?

Cheers,
    Terry

Hi Terry, I agree. Joe Godfrey picked this one up at the Meadowlands at least 15 (probably closer to 20) years ago and this is how he go it. I just left it alone but it would look better with all 4 bolts. Cheers, Jim G.

Nice one Jim! Seems like we have a different definition of “mint” looks mint to me! Thanks for showing it.

Jim another classic Helmet absolute beaut.your stunning Helmet collection just keeps on rolling out at WRF.thanks for sharing.....

MAP
    ?

Nice Jim. You often see the back straps cut on these. Less so the front one. At least from my experience.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A great example Jim! And very nice closeups photos tooL

Andy

Very nice Jim - i don't know too much about M38, but i can see this is a solid example.

Nick