Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Need help on German Paratrooper (Fallschirmjager) Helmet

Article about: Hi, I am new to this forum. I would like to know opinions on this German paratrooper helmet. The helmet look good to me but I am just a beginner to this hobby. I have asked few people on Fac

Default Need help on German Paratrooper (Fallschirmjager) Helmet

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I would like to know opinions on this German paratrooper helmet. The helmet look good to me but I am just a beginner to this hobby.

I have asked few people on Facebook about this helmet. Some said the helmet look good but there are people who comment on split bolt, the rivet, the shell numbers and the thickness of the shell.

Although majority said the helmet is good but still I want to clear any doubt on it (without any reasonable doubt). The price ask is Euro1200 or about USD1450 which is almost equivalent to my salary.

This is my second FJ Helmet (the first one I paid for USD1000). When I compares both they seem similar in many way. If this helmet is repro then I am may doubt my first helmet.

Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Pisaufi
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help on German Paratrooper (Fallschirmjager) Helmet   Need help on German Paratrooper (Fallschirmjager) Helmet  

Need help on German Paratrooper (Fallschirmjager) Helmet   Need help on German Paratrooper (Fallschirmjager) Helmet  

Need help on German Paratrooper (Fallschirmjager) Helmet   Need help on German Paratrooper (Fallschirmjager) Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help on German Paratrooper (Fallschirmjager) Helmet
    P
    Many

The shell looks good to me ( rim rolling mark / stamp size and position ) but it probably had a later paint job someone has tried to remove, leaving the blotchy finish .....
    The non vented alloy spanner bolts could be OK but I'm not the expert. Wait for Terry ( M38 ) to have a look......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thank you for your opinion. Do you think the price ask is reasonable if the shell is original?

M38
    ?

This one is a tough call. There are things I like about it and things I don't like. It has the groove on the rolled rim that you want to see but the rim looks wider than normal. The shape of the shell looks pretty good but a straight side profile shot of the shell is missing and that would tell a lot. I am not a fan of the maker and size stamp on the left inner skirt - there should be no space between the ET and the 71 and they should be level with each other. I am also not a fan of the decal or the paint. I can't say for sure it is not original but based on these photos I would not buy it. This one may be a very good copy and only an in-hands look would clue to some subtle points like weight, thickness/strength of steel, profile from all angles. I don't think this helps you a lot, sorry.....but best I can say based on these photos.

Cheers,
    Terry

Thanks, Terry, that help a lot. I agreed this is a tough call as the majority said it looks good, but no one ever said it was original. I am not worried about this one, but my other helmet looked similar to this when I compared it side by side. I hope you can have a look at it too. It probably original and probably not. Before this, people said it original except for the reproduction chin strap. The helmet has a kind of snow camo (concrete) to it. Purchased about four years ago. I will upload it to the forum later after taking photos of it.

Immensely appreciate the help. Thanks again.

Pisaufi

All the 'good' fake shells with the correct profile seem to be in size 71.

There no conclusion for this helmet. It could be original or very good reproduction. But I won't take the risk of buying it.