Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original FJ helmet?

Article about: Hello Forum, Is this an Original FJ Helmet? I found it at my local antique store and it was the first FJ I ever held in hand, so I can’t really judge. The paint and leather seemed fine to

Default Original FJ helmet?

Hello Forum,

Is this an Original FJ Helmet? I found it at my local antique store and it was the first FJ I ever held in hand, so I can’t really judge. The paint and leather seemed fine to me, but I could be mistaken. I assume the ropes where post war added, but not 100% sure on that either.
    I was unable to find the makers mark, because it was probably obstructed by the liner?

Any opinions and help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
    Adravor

Original FJ helmet?Original FJ helmet?Original FJ helmet?Original FJ helmet?Original FJ helmet?Original FJ helmet?Original FJ helmet?Original FJ helmet?Original FJ helmet?Original FJ helmet?Original FJ helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original FJ helmet?
    P
    Many

Hi Adravor.

I would say it is a reproduction. This is based on the crude folding of the rim, which is lacking the distinctive ‘fold line’ that can be seen on originals. (Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me).

Along with this, the straps look like reproductions.

But I am prepared to be wrong! So hopefully someone can confirm if this is real or reproduction.

Will.

Its a fake... the full frontal shot is always a dead giveaway. If there is no 'dip' to the front rim, there is no need to examine anything else.

Cheers,
    Steve

Good to know, thank you! As i said, i have no experience on these whatsoever. Just thought it looked interesting in the shop!

Quote by Adravor View Post
    Good to know, thank you! As i said, i have no experience on these whatsoever. Just thought it looked interesting in the shop!
    I hope that you didn't pay a lot for it.

I payed nothing for it, i never buy anything i have no expertise one without other Opinions. Just took the pics so i could get an Opinion on it. They ask 700 Euros.

Quote by Adravor View Post
    I payed nothing for it, i never buy anything i have no expertise one without other Opinions. Just took the pics so i could get an Opinion on it. They ask 700 Euros.
    That's a lot of money for a Chinese copy... but still much less than for a genuine one!