Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Posting this helmet for an older buddy of mine

Article about: I'm posting this for an older collector buddy of mine that does not do internet or forums too much. He said he had just picked it up but the paint looks pretty fresh and has a bit of a shine

Default Posting this helmet for an older buddy of mine

I'm posting this for an older collector buddy of mine that does not do internet or forums too much. He said he had just picked it up but the paint looks pretty fresh and has a bit of a shine to it, also the liner looks pretty darn new to me. Just going off of the photos it looks newish to me
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Posting this helmet for an older buddy of mine   Posting this helmet for an older buddy of mine  

Posting this helmet for an older buddy of mine   Posting this helmet for an older buddy of mine  

Posting this helmet for an older buddy of mine   Posting this helmet for an older buddy of mine  

Posting this helmet for an older buddy of mine  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Posting this helmet for an older buddy of mine
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

It is not original. He should return it if he bought it as an original.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

That's kind of what I thought just based upon the pictures it just did not look right to me. Thank you for the help any other traits that may point out a reproduction or something that has been faked? The liner looks like a new liner that has been aged a little bit

the shell is fake too , the font of the stamps is wrong.
    basically it is a reproduction example you can buy all over the internet.

I've told my buddy about this sort of thing before. He really needs to stop the impulse buying and is way way too trusting of strangers. Doubt he will get his money back . I will show this to him

TWS
    ?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    the shell is fake too , the font of the stamps is wrong.
    basically it is a reproduction example you can buy all over the internet.
    Bingo. That's what I zoomed in on first and then I knew it was all downhill from there.

Chuck, sorry for your friend. I hope he can return it. You can reference the many original FJ helmets posted on the forums when you speak with him.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

It all looked bad too me and I felt really bad for him as he doesn't seem to research much before buying things. And believes anything people tell him. He needs to reel it in abit and be more cautious