Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question for Fallschirmjäger Helmet M38

Article about: Hello collectorfriends, today i have another helmet and the big question: Is this M38 original? Unfortunately I didn't get any more photos.

?

Default Question for Fallschirmjäger Helmet M38

Hello collectorfriends,
    today i have another helmet and the big question: Is this M38 original?
    Unfortunately I didn't get any more photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question for Fallschirmjäger Helmet M38   Question for Fallschirmjäger Helmet M38  

Question for Fallschirmjäger Helmet M38  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question for Fallschirmjäger Helmet M38
    P
    Many

You will need better photos including better outside views. NH

I have seen this helmet pop up quite a few times and it's being sold by a very dubious (as I've heard already infamous among German collectors)seller on the usual platforms.
    He had to make dozens of new accounts already because his fakery got him suspended.
    So don't hold up much hope with this one.
    A fellow collector once sent me pictures of it and I told him to steer clear of his items, but I said we should waste his time a little.
    As usual he also doctored up a story of it and my collector friend wanted to test him more and dig a bit deeper and no big surprise there, the responses from the seller were odd to say the least.
    He also kept pressuring him into buying it saying "there are many people interested in it so either take it or I'll sell it to someone else."
    So, yeah, I think that says enough.
    Luis

P.S.
    I remembered his name now
    "Florian Kanneder"

Also, here's some more info on that Florian Kanneder character.
    fresh out of a german barn - or maybe not ? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    3 Helme zur Bestimmung - Helme - Militaria Fundforum
    So add this individual to the likes of Pawel Novak
    A friend did once buy an M42 shell for an alright price from him but that's about it, in the end that shell wasn't very nice either, thickly overpainted with quite some pitting beneath but he wanted it for restoration anyway.
    Luis

Also, the first thing I ever posted on this forum is also one of his trashy helmets.
    Opinions on a wire M40

M38
    ?

Even with these poor pictures I can tell you the liner and straps are 100% bad. Probably the shell is too but photos are so poor you can't tell anything for sure.

Cheers,
    Terry

If you take a closer look at the first two pictures, they are actually of two different helmets. The one on the right looks to be a fibreglass repro... just look at the rough edge and thickness of the shell!

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    If you take a closer look at the first two pictures, they are actually of two different helmets. The one on the right looks to be a fibreglass repro... just look at the rough edge and thickness of the shell!
    Yeah, that's what confused me, too, looked very strange.
    The other is definitely a helmet I've seen before and the way the photos are done is certainly characteristic of the seller.
    Done deliberately badly.
    Luis

?

Friends, thanks for the help, it is priceless. I am still looking.