Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Relic helmet

Article about: M38 dug from eastern front, what do you think

?

Default Relic helmet

M38 dug from eastern front, what do you think
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic helmet   Relic helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default relic m38

More pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic helmet   Relic helmet  

I'm a little suspicious... I know that it is quite corroded, but there appears to be no front dip. And another thing to consider, Hitler invaded Russia on June 22nd 1941, and yet this helmet has the tricolour on it. But by 1940 it was no longer applied to new helmets and Luftwaffe units (amongst others) were ordered to remove - or paint over it on their existing helmets. Maybe there is a rational explanation to this, like the time spent in the ground removing the over paint - if there was one. But there are so many things being faked that it just raises my suspicions a little.

Cheers,
    Steve

The photos are not the best and I'm slightly suspicious of the odd bubbling of the paint, not conducive to decay but similar to paint applied and then coated in stripper to burnish and flake. Despite all the damage both decals are fairly clear. Remarkable and possibly too good to be true.

?

Have you seen that bubbling with other helmets? I see them from time to time and figured it was some type of acid spray on the paint but stripper could do the same i suppose?

Finding the right helmet to buy , especially if you need help from the forum requires detailed photos. If one detail can be found that is off , like a fake decal it is game over.