Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

yet another "is this genuine?" post... is this genuine?

Article about: A guy from the ukraine posted this FJM helmet for sale on ebay (which is a bit sus to begin with) and it looks old enough to possibly be genuine (photos attackhed) but i'm also fully aware t

Default yet another "is this genuine?" post... is this genuine?

A guy from the ukraine posted this FJM helmet for sale on ebay (which is a bit sus to begin with) and it looks old enough to possibly be genuine (photos attackhed) but i'm also fully aware that FJM helmets are heavily faked and because I don't yet have 'the knack' for picking up fake M38's I thought i'd run it by you guys. the description for the item read "Hallmarks ET71 and 4*4. The helmet is in very good condition, everything is visible in the photo. There is no button on the strap. The liner is in excellent condition, the skin is soft and elastic."

Any advice is much appreciated,
    Cheers.

yet another "is this genuine?" post... is this genuine?yet another "is this genuine?" post... is this genuine?yet another "is this genuine?" post... is this genuine?yet another "is this genuine?" post... is this genuine?yet another "is this genuine?" post... is this genuine?yet another "is this genuine?" post... is this genuine?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement yet another "is this genuine?" post... is this genuine?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Just gotta love how the seller makes the photos just slightly blurry. No close ups of critical areas either.

Font's on the liner dont look correct to me. Shell shape seems odd (but the angle of the photo could play a part in that

Others may be able to tell much quicker than I based on these blurry photos as I am not well versed in these but from what I can see, it is not one for me.

Would be interesting to hear what the asking price is as that is usually a dead giveaway.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It was bidding so it actually started at 7:30 this morning (aus time) at about 1$ Australian (maybe that’s $1.50 American?) and there’ve just been two dude bidding on it and now (5 hours later) it’s sitting at around $150 usd with $49 usd shipping

Also an interesting point, it says it’s shipping from the Ukraine but the seller’s location is listed as being in the U.S

MAP
    ?

Quote by Otto Von Bigmac View Post
    It was bidding so it actually started at 7:30 this morning (aus time) at about 1$ Australian (maybe that’s $1.50 American?) and there’ve just been two dude bidding on it and now (5 hours later) it’s sitting at around $150 usd with $49 usd shipping

Also an interesting point, it says it’s shipping from the Ukraine but the seller’s location is listed as being in the U.S
    What is the payment method? Bank Transfer? Seen this before with the weird location and request for Bank Transfers. Almost always ends up with the buyer getting ripped off.

If this was a real camo M38 you can add two Zero's to the price, throw in an original camo cover....and the price will shoot up much further. An original helmet like this doesn't get thrown up on Ebay.

Also, notice how in the description he does not state that it is an original "WW2" helmet

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Payment methods are PayPal, visa, MasterCard, American Express and something called discover

MAP
    ?

Quote by Otto Von Bigmac View Post
    Payment methods are PayPal, visa, MasterCard, American Express and something called discover
    LoL...Discover is an American credit card. I use it all the time

I guess I’m just too Australian :P

I highly doubt anything here is original, seen the deliberately blurry and badly taken pics strat often enough.
    Mainly by the (at least in Germany) infamous Florian Kanneder who also likes to invent stories surrounding his helmets.
    Another candidate is someone else from Germany who tends to put things up on eBay with a very similar looking camo paint yet people still pay tons for the fakes, and he also likes selling repro chinstraps as mint originals.
    Anyway, just my two cents on these sorts of people.
    Always approach anything like this with all the caution you can muster.
    Luis