Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Difference between m/22 and m/27 coastal artillery visor caps?

Article about: Hello! Finnish militaria is my passion, especially visor caps. However information on that specific field is very limited, on the internet and on printed media alike. A piece of information

Default Difference between m/22 and m/27 coastal artillery visor caps?

Hello!

Finnish militaria is my passion, especially visor caps. However information on that specific field is very limited, on the internet and on printed media alike. A piece of information that I have found to be missing is the defining difference/differences between the m/22 and m/27 coastal artillery visor caps. The book, Kaluunat ja Rähinäremmit, has so much general info on Finnish uniforms that it cannot go into great detail on everything, and Jaegerplatoon website also doesn't give a definitive answer to that.

It has been bothering me for a good while so I decided to now ask here if someone more experienced and knowledgeable person could shed some light onto this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Difference between m/22 and m/27 coastal artillery visor caps?
    P
    Many

Had to read more carefully same book.

First, m/19 coastal artillery cap and uniform color is light-brown / dark-brown sleeves and collar.

Finnish terms

Sotavoimien virkapukuohjesääntö (S.V.) 23.4.1922
    Military force uniform regulation
    It gave them it's new colors grey / dark blue sleeve, collar etch.

Valtakunnan puolustusvoimien virkapukuohjesääntö (V.P.O.) 5.9.1930
    National defence force uniform regulation.
    This is actually is full uniform book which specifies EVERYTHING. Very rare, don't have it.
    It introduced m/30 navy uniforms, and bunch of other things.

Rähinäremmi book said that navy visor cap (same form as coastal artillery hat) described that V.P.O. regulation hats have soft topped visor hat.
    It didn't different from previous S.V. regulation visor cap (m/22) except it's visor hat top was tightened stiff (=pingotettiin jäykäksi).

Basically navy m/20, coastal artillery m/22 and airforce m/20 visor hats 1922-1927 were similar in construcion as the army m/22 visor hat.
    Top high and high rim. Very likely sides and backside crushed low.

m/27 introduced soft-topped visor caps.

I think these are m/20 navy cap, notice tight top.
    museum stolen pics.
    m/20 airforce

Actually, i have never seen early coastal artillery visor cap.

Thank you, this was great help!

I have never seen an early coastal artillery cap either but from Stig Roudasmaa's Sotilasvirkapuvut 1918 I learned of the m18/m/19 version which was the said Brown variation. However I always thought that the m20-22 was also a soft top.

Really gave some food for thought and some good sources to check up on. Thank you!

No problem. Sometimes it's fun to do research.

Hardest uniform research I had took 8 years, strange greatcoat I had, ignored it first and forgot it. Later it turned out as Civil guard m/18 greatcoat, used 1919-1922.
    First clue was random picture in library book where I noticed it. And later found answer which was two depiction sentences between text rows, no pics or drawings.
    Later found 3-4 photos of it in different places.