Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Finnish Armor Shoulder Insignia and are they Wartime era?

Article about: Hello, I'm new to collecting Finnish militaria and this forum has been very helpful Can anyone tell me if either of these sets are considered wartime era from the continuation war? Is one se

ETN
    ?

Default Finnish Armor Shoulder Insignia and are they Wartime era?

Hello,

I'm new to collecting Finnish militaria and this forum has been very helpful

Can anyone tell me if either of these sets are considered wartime era from the continuation war?

Is one set earlier because of the prongs vs the wire, or does it matter?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish Armor Shoulder Insignia and are they Wartime era?   Finnish Armor Shoulder Insignia and are they Wartime era?  

Finnish Armor Shoulder Insignia and are they Wartime era?   Finnish Armor Shoulder Insignia and are they Wartime era?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish Armor Shoulder Insignia and are they Wartime era?
    P
    Many

Lower, Angular prongs/spikes badges can be considered war-time or even pre-war era.
    Angular prongs dissapeared after war.

Wire prongs shoulder insignias appeared around 1930-year, so they existed well before the war.
    The problem is, they produced the same war-time insignias with same production method well beyond till 1960-ties.
    1950-ties made insignias can be, and are, un-recognizeable from insignias made in war-time.

But only brass insignia plating can give a glue.
    That glitter-texture plating dont appear in war-time specimens. So it must be made in 1950-ties. But if plating was similar like it's backside, even and smooth, then it would have passed.

ETN
    ?

Thank you for your help!

Just to confirm, these are the type of prongs that can be a sign of wartime or prewar insignia? I have that correct?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish Armor Shoulder Insignia and are they Wartime era?  

Yes. Likely pre-war or early war-time.
    As they needed more and more for groving ~500k field army, they switched to cheaper, wire-prongs insignias.

ETN
    ?

Many thanks for your help!