MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Finnish Continuation War Medal

Article about: Just got this one, absolutely love the design. But what makes it really cool is that it has the "Lapin Sota" clasp. Meaning it was awarded to a soldier serving against the Germans

?

Default Finnish Continuation War Medal

Just got this one, absolutely love the design. But what makes it really cool is that it has the "Lapin Sota" clasp. Meaning it was awarded to a soldier serving against the Germans in northern Finland.

Please, feel free to show yours!

Finnish Continuation War MedalFinnish Continuation War Medal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish Continuation War Medal
    P
    Many

It's nice to suggest show your own, but really there isn't clasp variations other than “Lapin sota” and “Lapplandskriget”

I copied and translated text below:

In 1987, the President of the Republic Mauno Koivisto passed an amendment to the decree establishing the Lapland War buckle. The buckle made of silver-colored metal to be attached to the medal ribbon is 8 mm wide and 32 mm long. The buckle has the text “Lapin sota” in capital letters or the text “Lapplandskriget” in the buckle for Swedish speakers. Persons who took part in hostilities in Lapland between 15 September 1944 and 27 April 1945 are entitled to use the buckle. The buckle was provided by the staff of each military district.

Other types of buckles or emblems on the commemorative medal ribbon are not used. There is no version of the Continuation War Memorial Medal intended for foreigners who voluntarily took part in the war, although one was made of the Winter War Memorial Medal.

Three vertical lines in ribbon depict home, religion, and fatherland.

?

Quote by Verikauha View Post
    It's nice to suggest show your own, but really there isn't clasp variations other than “Lapin sota” and “Lapplandskriget”

I copied and translated text below:

In 1987, the President of the Republic Mauno Koivisto passed an amendment to the decree establishing the Lapland War buckle. The buckle made of silver-colored metal to be attached to the medal ribbon is 8 mm wide and 32 mm long. The buckle has the text “Lapin sota” in capital letters or the text “Lapplandskriget” in the buckle for Swedish speakers. Persons who took part in hostilities in Lapland between 15 September 1944 and 27 April 1945 are entitled to use the buckle. The buckle was provided by the staff of each military district.

Other types of buckles or emblems on the commemorative medal ribbon are not used. There is no version of the Continuation War Memorial Medal intended for foreigners who voluntarily took part in the war, although one was made of the Winter War Memorial Medal.

Three vertical lines in ribbon depict home, religion, and fatherland.
    So you are saying that the only clasp that exist is the "Lapin sota clasp"? Btw thanks for the info, much appreciated!!!

Jan
    ?

Hi Tobias,

Nice one. Here´s a picture of the same medal with the text on the clasp and the medal in Swedish.

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish Continuation War Medal   Finnish Continuation War Medal  

?

Quote by Jan View Post
    Hi Tobias,

Nice one. Here´s a picture of the same medal with the text on the clasp and the medal in Swedish.

Best,

Jan
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

?

Hello Tobias.

My grandfather had this. And now he have passed away, i have inherit his medals. One of the medal is this one, but without the lapin sota clasp. I have also the award document, which is Swedish version. My grandfather was Finland-Swede (finlandssvenskar). The continuation war medal was awarded 12 years after the war, 1957. Here is photo of medal and photo of the award document.

-Niko
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish Continuation War Medal   Finnish Continuation War Medal  

I've never seen those before... very cool.

?

Quote by Niko View Post
    Hello Tobias.

My grandfather had this. And now he have passed away, i have inherit his medals. One of the medal is this one, but without the lapin sota clasp. I have also the award document, which is Swedish version. My grandfather was Finland-Swede (finlandssvenskar). The continuation war medal was awarded 12 years after the war, 1957. Here is photo of medal and photo of the award document.

-Niko
    Very cool!