Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Finnish helmet?

Article about: Recently bought this helmet listed as a M40 Wartsila for a very good price. However, the liner is not what I was expecting. Thoughts?

Default Finnish helmet?

Recently bought this helmet listed as a M40 Wartsila for a very good price. However, the liner is not what I was expecting. Thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images Finnish helmet? 
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish helmet?
    P
    Many

?

Hello, is it really a Finish M40? The M40 has a letter W with the size, I see 72 only? The liner could be from the Swedish M37/62 helmet & the chin strap seems to be from a French M51 helmet. Thanks for showing it. Jack59

?

As Jack said, I think it is pretty obviously a swedish helmet, the blue and yellow "tre kronor" emblem above the stud is still quite visible on it even though someone has used paint remover, or painted over it in the past.

Cheap Swedish. Looks like someone did intentionally smash any markings in front of 72. Is threre 41 in front of it? Can't tell.
    W stamp is quite deep in Wärtsilä helmets.

Number 72 is just helmet size, and size number can be found in all swedish helmets.
    I think later ones only had size number, earlier ones had longer text or markings, indicating Manufacturer, Year, and lastly, Helmet size.

Refurbished Swedish M37 to M62

Finnish helmet? Finnish helmet?Finnish helmet?Finnish helmet?Finnish helmet?

Many thanks all. There were not many photographs on the page I bought it from and I was suspect, but the cost wasn't that much.

Thanks again