Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a Finnish issue helmet?

Article about: So this is an Austrian m17 that I though at first was a Czech issue helmet, but I'm starting to have doubts. Firstly the paint doesn't look like a typical Austrian helmet. Also it has a stra

Default Is this a Finnish issue helmet?

So this is an Austrian m17 that I though at first was a Czech issue helmet, but I'm starting to have doubts. Firstly the paint doesn't look like a typical Austrian helmet. Also it has a strange marking of sorts in the rear part of the skirt. The liner and chinstrap are reproductions. Any ideas?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a Finnish issue helmet?   Is this a Finnish issue helmet?  

Is this a Finnish issue helmet?   Is this a Finnish issue helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a Finnish issue helmet?
    P
    Many

SDH 848 plate isn't Finnish made thing. But you brought up chezk issued helmet, Chezk helmet factory shortage is S-D-H (Sandrik Doln Hamre).

Also there doesn't exist SDH name shortaged Finnish units.

And big but! That plate is Glued and metal under it looks "fresh". So it might not be old, but new later addition.
    --
    Paint. From pictures it looks original factory brown under that green paint.
    Green paint can pass as pre-war finnish refurbished dark-green.

There exist "Finnish" non-refurbished ww1 horn-helmets, because some Austrian m/17 helmets had grass-green factory color, and some German m/17 had factory dark-green factory colors.
    Aside those two colors, they were refurbished to Finnish green before ww2. After-war refurbished green color is noticeable lighter.

Your top 2 pics are blurry, but m/17 hungarian with finnishs pre-war paint should look like this.