Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting small badge

Article about: Can anyone tell me more about this very small badge? I believe it belonged to the "Ace Regiment" during ww2. Any comments welcome.

Default Interesting small badge

Can anyone tell me more about this very small badge? I believe it belonged to the "Ace Regiment" during ww2. Any comments welcome.Interesting small badgeInteresting small badge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting small badge
    P
    Many

It is JR26, infantry regiment 26 badge.

Continuation war 1941-1943 period. They operated in East-Karelia with 12. Division and qonquered Karhumäki.

War events

Infantry Regiment 26 advanced from the 21st to the 30th. August 1941 from the south of Imatra to the south -southeast of Viipur ( occupation of Western Kannas ). During this offensive phase, the regiment was transferred from the 12th Division to the 4th Division , and in this command relationship it was sent to Eastern Karelia at the beginning of September, where it took part in e.g. The battles that led to the capture of Petrozavodsk . At the beginning of December, the regiment took part in the capture of Karhumäki , after which the men refused to transfer to frontline responsibility elsewhere.

Reorganization and liquidation

In September 1941, Infantry Regiment 26 had been organized into two battalions and Separate Battalion 21 had operated as the regiment's third battalion under the name (III/JR 26), but on December 6, 1941 it was ordered to use its previous name.

The 26th Infantry Regiment, which was reduced to two battalions, was part of the repatriation regiments planned by Päämaja. The regiment belonged to the 4th division under the II Army , but due to the mass refusal that occurred there, most of the regiment's personnel was transferred in mid-January 1943 to Äänislinna under the command of the VII Army . From there, Infantry Regiment 26 was disbanded based on an order issued by Headquarters on March 5, 1943.

Source
    Jalkavakirykmentti 26 (jatkosota) – Wikipedia