Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

m/22 coastal artillery greatcoat restoration

Article about: Small restoration project which I had pending for long time, maybe 14 years. When I received this greatcoat it was missing buttons and shoulderboard. Main reason why it took so long was beca

Default m/22 coastal artillery greatcoat restoration

Small restoration project which I had pending for long time, maybe 14 years. When I received this greatcoat it was missing buttons and shoulderboard.
    Main reason why it took so long was because buttons. I had great trouble to find twelve uniform-looking period-corrects buttons for it, but they always shoved up few at a time and with different level of oxidization, making them look ugly on greatcoats front. Until I over dozen of them found antique shop 2 years ago, friend of mine bought rare branch m22 shoulderboards for me 3 years ago. Last year I decided to put them together.

Before.
    m/22 coastal artillery greatcoat restoration
    After hand-wash and lot of stitching work.
    Only back-side had original buttons remaining.
    m/22 coastal artillery greatcoat restoration m/22 coastal artillery greatcoat restoration
    m/22 coastal artillery greatcoat restoration m/22 coastal artillery greatcoat restoration
    Coastal artillery m22 greatcoat differs from army greatcoat being blue-grey color instead of stone-grey, and collar is dark-blue instead of dark-grey
    Greatcoat is made 1938, Fredrikson Helsinki, rank is major.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m/22 coastal artillery greatcoat restoration
    P
    Many

Very nice work!

?

Looks neat shiny buttons

Many times I thought to buy german Kriegsmarine buttons for it, they look identical as finns did buy/ordered military buttons from germany and sweden.
    But in Finnish navy buttons background-stripes are vertical, in Kriegsmarine buttons stripes are horizontal.
    And in old buttons details are very sharp, after-war navy buttons looks soft, melted compared to them.

MAP
    ?

Looks sharp!

Nice restoration
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)