Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first Eismeerfront badges

Article about: Hi guys, just wanted to show these little thingies that arrived today. I am certainly not an award collector but aesthetically speaking I've always liked these blue-and-white commemorative p

CSW
    ?

Default My first Eismeerfront badges

Hi guys,

just wanted to show these little thingies that arrived today. I am certainly not an award collector but aesthetically speaking I've always liked these blue-and-white commemorative pins. Having travelled around the area a lot, I knew I would have to acquire an example or two at some point anyway... Decided to get a pair now before they start going for 100€/piece even here in Finland.

The Kirkenes-Petsamo-Murmansk pin is in excellent condition, the other one has some scratches but nothing too horrible. The manufacturers' markings on the back are "Hopeatakomo Oy" and "Hj. Sorsa Oy H:ki" respectively.

My first Eismeerfront badges My first Eismeerfront badges

If anyone is wondering how big these are, they're really quite tiny.

I guess I'll now have to find the other ones as well...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first Eismeerfront badges
    P
    Many

not sure where they got the information of the badges, no.2 "police corps in the ski infantry battalion", theres too much weird information.

CSW
    ?

Quote by jullemus View Post
    not sure where they got the information of the badges, no.2 "police corps in the ski infantry battalion", theres too much weird information.
    I believe they are only talking about a particular example of badge number 6 whose provenance seems to be known. Why do you find it weird?

The source is listed just below the description: Hjemmefrontmuseet of Rakkestad, Norway. You can contact them if you want to ask a question or two - here's their website. Hjemmefrontmuseet Rakkestad – Museet som bidrar til at vi ikke glemmer

There were a few boxes of these found around 20 years ago in the basement of a Hotel in Rovaniemi

?

Yea... These small badges. I didn't know they had made memorial badges too... Heres some more of these.
    Commonly "no war related" are known as Matkailumerkki "Travelers badge" kind of "old" collection hobby.
    Sotilasmerkkejä Suomen sodista 1939 - 1945

CSW
    ?

Quote by kradman View Post
    There were a few boxes of these found around 20 years ago in the basement of a Hotel in Rovaniemi
    Very interesting. Do you happen to have any pictures of the find?

Jan
    ?

Nice!

Here are a couple of excavation finds from "Deutsches Lager Hanko". My PhD about the conflict archaeolgy and history of this German Second World War (1942-1944) transition camp will be completed in 2024.

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first Eismeerfront badges   My first Eismeerfront badges  

Last edited by Jan; 03-14-2024 at 09:46 PM.

CSW
    ?

Quote by Jan View Post
    Nice!

Here are a couple of excavation finds from "Durchgangslager Hanko". My PhD about the archaeolgy and history of this German transition camp will be completed in 2022.

Best, Jan
    Nice Jan, very interesting finds as always!

As said before, I'd be more than happy to help with your PhD project - please don't hesitate to drop me a message or an email should you need any sort of assistance

Jan
    ?

Found this one today while cleaning the excavation finds from 2017

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first Eismeerfront badges  

?

Konnichi waaa... Couple of years more digging and you got full series.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast