Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My first Eismeerfront badges

Article about: Hi guys, just wanted to show these little thingies that arrived today. I am certainly not an award collector but aesthetically speaking I've always liked these blue-and-white commemorative p

My example brought back by my uncle. He was Luftwaffe Flak.
    Also, a photo of him in Murmansk.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first Eismeerfront badges
    P
    Many

CSW
    ?

Extremely interesting Ralph, thanks for sharing!

?

Greetings everyone, thanks for the interesting topic
    Some pieces from my collection from the Lappland region.

Best regards
    Litza

I am looking for excellent "Lapinrintama Die Lapplandfront Kreuz 1941-1944" on a "White background". Thanks for watching !

Wow!

Actually I have never seen that Rovaniemi with reindeer head, bottom right badge. Newest book "Matti Allonen & two others.. Jatkosodan Aseveli-merkit, 2021" also dont appear in it. But book says minimum six, max 12 different souvenier badges were sold in canteens. They were commercial, memorial items sold for to the germans and finns. These didn't have connection to "brother-in-arms" associations, but were sold "for war-disabled soldiers benefit". But of course it became popular souvenier for those who served in Lapland.

Rovaniemi-Salla-Petsamo badge with white enamel Ski-ing man in it, minting is 1943
    Petsamo-Rovaniemi Minting is summer 1942. Book says.

?

Verikauha, Thanks for the comment and information!

My interest in the Lappland area in 1939-1945 is a priority. The main goal would be to get a Nordfront-Kreuz collection as complete as possible.

But as I have previously mentioned elsewhere on the forum (Show your Nordfront-Kreuz), Travel Badges in Lappland area, I'm not that critical specific about the years of manufacture of those items. They are simply so beautifully made, that I want more of them whenever possible

Best regards
    Litza
    I am looking for excellent "Lapinrintama Die Lapplandfront Kreuz 1941-1944" on a "White background". Thanks for watching !

?

Hello All for those who are interested in the topic.

The Pin in the picture, I haven't seen before.

The Pin is Blue and White, quite small and not in good condition, the text "PETSAMO" is visible on it.

Somewhere in the wonderful world of the internet, I have seen in the past a picture of something similar but without enameling.

I don't remember where, but I have heard that a pin like the picture was made for the Refugees from Petsamos who lost their home municipality.

Can anyone help identify this Pin ?

Kind Regards
    Litza

PS. Expectations are not high, I guess this will remain unknown

My first Eismeerfront badges My first Eismeerfront badges

Jan
    ?

These badges could be worn in many different ways

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first Eismeerfront badges   My first Eismeerfront badges  

One of my items
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first Eismeerfront badges   My first Eismeerfront badges  

CSW
    ?

Thanks a lot for sharing your related pieces everyone!

For financial reasons I have long since passed those two badges on to other collectors, however I recently acquired this well-worn common Petsamo-Rovaniemi example for my own downsized collection. Still wanted to have at least one!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2