Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Need opinions about this M36 field cap

Article about: I thought it looked like a WW2 period cap. What do you all think? I can take more photos if you let me know exactly what you would like to see. Thank you!

Default Need opinions about this M36 field cap

I thought it looked like a WW2 period cap. What do you all think? I can take more photos if you let me know exactly what you would like to see. Thank you!

Need opinions about this M36 field capNeed opinions about this M36 field capNeed opinions about this M36 field capNeed opinions about this M36 field capNeed opinions about this M36 field cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need opinions about this M36 field cap
    P
    Many

More photos - liner marked in ink “62” and it must be the size as I wear a 60 an$ it’s bigger - also looks like a stamp with more info was there but is too worn to see clearly. Buttons do not have a makers mark. Front vertical seam is there but hard to see. The replica I have and replicas I have seen don’t look like this one. There doesn’t appear to have ever had a sweatband either leather or cotton. Could it have been a private purchase? Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need opinions about this M36 field cap   Need opinions about this M36 field cap  

Need opinions about this M36 field cap  

I believe this is modern replica. All originals have sweatband. And all woolen caps are factory made, thus they are stamped properly with maker and marked as army property.
    Like Vpu Int.41 57 SA, or Kestilä Int.44 size 55, and M stamp for sold.

Diagonal private purchase made m/36 m/39 caps don't have stamps, but possibly makers/seller own cloth patch, like SKOHA, Fredrikson hat etch.

For me also looks like a modern made hat , maybe made for film use

Verikauha and Kradman,

Thank you for replying. I knew it was too good to be true.

Necropostin badly here, but this is a MilForm Oy made replica hat for film industry in Finland.

Having handled thousands of these, it's pretty easy to tell them from originals.

62 is a roughsie added by the company or by a costumer at some point.