Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Salty Finnish flak binoculars

Article about: Hi guys! Got this German-made and Finnish-used Busch Marluxon 7x50 quite recently, made in the 30s as far as I know. Most definitely not the prettiest piece out there - well used and missing

CSW
    ?

Default Salty Finnish flak binoculars

Hi guys!

Got this German-made and Finnish-used Busch Marluxon 7x50 quite recently, made in the 30s as far as I know.

Most definitely not the prettiest piece out there - well used and missing some parts even - but I'm not really into minty stuff anyway. Marked "SA" for the Finnish Army (as expected) and "IT-JOUKOT" for ilmatorjuntajoukot or anti-aircraft troops. Added it to my February 1944 -themed German-Finnish flak collection, perhaps this one did actually see use back then...

Thanks for looking!

Salty Finnish flak binoculars Salty Finnish flak binoculars

Salty Finnish flak binoculars

If you ignore all the dust and dirt inside, the view is actually not that horrible.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Salty Finnish flak binoculars
    P
    Many

Very cool piece, I agree there’s a nice wear to them. Impressive the way you took pictures through the binoculars.

Great pickup!

CSW
    ?

Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    Very cool piece, I agree there’s a nice wear to them. Impressive the way you took pictures through the binoculars.

Great pickup!
    Thank you!

Yeah, it was a bit tricky. Tried it first with my proper camera but after having no success I decided to give up and just take them with my phone The photos are not exactly of the finest quality but good enough for a quick forum post, I suppose.

Nice Binoculars , these are my Finnish-used Busch Marluxon 7x50 brother in arms with running Serial numbers
    Attached Images Attached Images Salty Finnish flak binoculars  Salty Finnish flak binoculars  Salty Finnish flak binoculars  Salty Finnish flak binoculars 

CSW
    ?

That is one beautiful set of Air Force binos! Would love to have an example of those as well. The huge branch markings are frankly a bit ridiculous and I like it

Thanks for sharing, Krad!

Thank you for your interest in these binoculars and these are the cases they come in and two other sets i have with smaller markings
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Salty Finnish flak binoculars   Salty Finnish flak binoculars  

Salty Finnish flak binoculars   Salty Finnish flak binoculars  

CSW
    ?

A very impressive bunch for sure! I would be lying if I said I wasn't just a tiny bit jealous. If you ever decide to sell one......

My father used to collect binoculars, which I will inherit at somewhere in future.

SA - Finnish army, binoculars are quite interesting because there are multitude of different makers. French, German, USSR, USA and some minor countries which I forgot, varying between civilian and military grade binoculars.

Army practically hogged all binoculars what were available on the market, not to mention including russian war spoils binoculars.

My latest binocs were 6x30 rathenow this summer. Which were used and stored in my grandparents summer cottage since 1970-ties. Civilian grade binoculars stamped with SA.

?

I like it how big Ilmavoimat has been carved on those Busch Marluxon 7x50