Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A supposedly genuine skull painted Finnish stahlhelm

Article about: Hello! Saw this helmet being listed today morning and seeing as I don't know much about helmets I decided to ask for a more experienced opinion. The seller did not say anything about the sku

Default A supposedly genuine skull painted Finnish stahlhelm

Hello!

Saw this helmet being listed today morning and seeing as I don't know much about helmets I decided to ask for a more experienced opinion. The seller did not say anything about the skull painting, refuses to take any questions and is selling it for quite cheap should it be genuine. So based on that I'm assuming it's fake but one can never be too certain so I'm asking for your opinions.

All input is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A supposedly genuine skull painted Finnish stahlhelm
    P
    Many

?

I am certainly no expert on German/Finnish helmets, but I would suggest walking very briskly away from this..
    The fact that the seller is refusing to take any questions is enough of a warning, for me, though by all means await more educated responses.
    All the best,
    Rob

It is 100% fake. The paint is poorly artifically aged, liner is new and it is possible that the helmet is a m55. If you look the sale's history of that seller you can see that he has had a lot of repainted helmets for sale.

Thank you! And yeah, now that I look at the other items he's selling, pretty much all of them being fake should have already been proof enough.

Jan
    ?

As already stated it´s an artificially aged 1950´s helmet with fake "decals".

Best, Jan

CSW
    ?

As said above by other members, unfortunately fantasy.

This seller is an interesting fellow, he has been desperately trying to sell the same fake junk for years using several accounts. His descriptions consisting of lines such as "the item is what it is, I will not answer questions" should already tell more than enough

Hungarian M38.

A Hungarian M38 should have a lanyard on the rear visor.

CSW
    ?

Quote by aurichnet View Post
    A Hungarian M38 should have a lanyard on the rear visor.
    The rivets are present, check the 2nd picture. Also note the location of the split pins: the shell is indeed a Hungarian-made 35M, or "Finnish M38". Sadly, the shell itself is the only wartime part of this thing.

that guy painted that helm by himself and he has done that same before, beware of buying anything from him!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast