Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown potentially Finnish Breeches

Article about: Hi all, Posting these as I've had them for a while and they were sold with a lot of Finnish items but I find it odd if they're Finnish without any SA stamps. There's no markings other than &

Default Unknown potentially Finnish Breeches

Hi all,

Posting these as I've had them for a while and they were sold with a lot of Finnish items but I find it odd if they're Finnish without any SA stamps.

There's no markings other than "ELEGANTE" on the fastener, so I don't know if there's any ability to fully identify these other than potentially Finnish, Norwegian, Dannish.
    The breeches themselves are made of thick coarse grey wool and the metal parts of the breeches have a blue coating/chemical treatment to them.

Matt.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown potentially Finnish Breeches   Unknown potentially Finnish Breeches  

Unknown potentially Finnish Breeches   Unknown potentially Finnish Breeches  

Unknown potentially Finnish Breeches   Unknown potentially Finnish Breeches  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown potentially Finnish Breeches
    P
    Many

They are Finnish m/36 bag trousers.
    Likely made between 1945-1955, they are after-war made trousers.
    Oddly, trousers often are missing SA and Int.year stamps, but tunics always have them.

Why they are after-war? Because in war-time trousers have V-shaped slit in backside. Painted in pic Red and orange.
    Second, your trousers have straight fly cleavage. War-time trousers often had additional cloth strip which was attached to button inside the trousers. Painted in pic.

Finnish clothing had "Gentlemen" english text buttons in use since 1920-ties.
    Finnish society was more England oriented before war than Germany. But Finnish military was more German minded, they adopted the Prussian military school system.
    This clothing button habit didnt disapear in wartime clothing.
    These "Gentlemen" buttons appear very often in trousers. It was trend back then.

Hi,

Thank you for your detailed reply. I always wondered as I couldn't find anything about the blues metal on them and began to assume that they may have been none military.

Thank you again,
    Matt