Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Wartsila M40 helmet biggest size

Article about: hello, I bought this helmet from Finland. Not cheap as expected but could lower a bit the price. The biggest size of these helmets. Two things (which I knew from the start, but the helmet lo

Default Wartsila M40 helmet biggest size

hello,
    I bought this helmet from Finland. Not cheap as expected but could lower a bit the price. The biggest size of these helmets. Two things (which I knew from the start, but the helmet looks authentic to me, but can be wrong) are nevertheless different in comparison the regular wartsila helmets :
    1) an extra rivet for the chinstrap (something to do with the size, so the chinstrap is in the middle of the helmet ?)
    2) The stamp W75 : in the 'normal' helmets it would be 75W
    Any comment ? Thanks in advance, Erwin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wartsila M40 helmet biggest size   Wartsila M40 helmet biggest size  

Wartsila M40 helmet biggest size   Wartsila M40 helmet biggest size  

Wartsila M40 helmet biggest size  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wartsila M40 helmet biggest size
    P
    Many

I have been searching for a while to get an answer on these two questions. And guess what : this evening I found a dutch site on finnish helmets (coming from the flemish part of Belgium, dutch is my mother language) where it is said that the biggest size of the finnish M40 had 8 rivets instead of 6. You can read it in the second last paragraph of this page (and use google translate) :

Steel Helmets of the world

Concerning the colour, the finish seller said that this was the colour the finnish M40 was painted in for use in the 'border patrol' (instead of green)

Erwin (coming from the old german word 'her-wig' : 'the one who fights in the war with the sword')

- - ------- - -

I have sample of Swedish 75size M37

Wartsila M40 helmet biggest size Wartsila M40 helmet biggest size Wartsila M40 helmet biggest size Wartsila M40 helmet biggest size Wartsila M40 helmet biggest size
    Last edited by Estonian; 12-07-2022 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Wrong images

Thanks, Estonian...interesting to see that the swedish M37 has the same feature with the biggest size. Seems logic as the finnish M40 is a copy of the swedish M37. Only difference the W-stamp in the brim and the sticker which is not always present. Erwin