Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to buy a Finish Winter War helmet?

Article about: I have been collecting helmets for about 3 years now and I have wanted a finish winter war helmet for the longest time but can't seem to find one for sale anywhere (I don't mind if its a Ger

Default Where to buy a Finish Winter War helmet?

I have been collecting helmets for about 3 years now and I have wanted a finish winter war helmet for the longest time but can't seem to find one for sale anywhere (I don't mind if its a German m16 or 18 a swedish helmet or a solhberg just any winter war helmet) and I you guys have one for sale how much are you charging?

-Thanks, Ceasar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Where to buy a Finish Winter War helmet?
    P
    Many

I think I have seen three authentic examples in last 3 years in sale here in Finland. One hungarian m38, other two were german horned helmets, as we name them "sarvikypärä".

Will be difficult task to acquire one, as removable whitewash chalk paint were used, sometimes white paint.
    And after war army depots refurbished helmets and painted green paint over existing unit decals, wehrmacht eagle decals and individual camo schemes.
    Helmets which were brought home as souvenir survived this fate, but still 99% of them are green.

Sometimes I tell myself that I will never find one certain item, but with luck you might dump into one after years of waiting.
    Value could go 300-500€, depending condition.

Jan
    ?

Heres, one that was on sale here in Finland a way back.

The text "Rauha" meaning peace and the rather artistic "camo" was of course added (possibly scraped into the camo paint) after the peace treaty with the Sovjet Union was signed but when that happened is of course impossible to tell.

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Where to buy a Finish Winter War helmet?   Where to buy a Finish Winter War helmet?  

?

I was searching things while i came across this 3 Sininen Prikaati helmet...
    Seems to be in Spain... hefty price 1900€...

Militaria Barcelona
    Where to buy a Finish Winter War helmet? Where to buy a Finish Winter War helmet?

CSW
    ?

Please keep in mind the Finns certainly had no M42s during the Winter War of 1939-40

Can't really comment on the helmet itself sadly. I've never seen a "Blue Brigade" shell so fancily decorated before and I would personally be very careful with a supposed camo helmet that has been messed with - as the seller says, the liner is a replacement. Just my opinion though.

The price is quite high for sure.

?

Quote by Nordlicht44 View Post
    Finns certainly had no M42s during the Winter War

Now Nordlicht44 take a Japanes tea cup and i tell you about time traveling...
    Where do you think people like BrodieBartfast and Friedrich-Berthold pop up into this forum?...

Authentic or not...
    Mostly i was interested what kind of prices these skull helmets go never seen them on sale...

CSW
    ?

Damn...

Yeah, I see. I don't think I have ever seen an authentic example for sale either.

?

I can also post those several skull helmet pics what i have stolen from internet during the years.

White chalk paint (whitewash) were used mostly, which could be scraped off next spring. I have somewhere good SA-photos of scraped helmets in 1942.

And sometimes regular house oil-paint, which made it permanently white. My sample is this.

This is my m/16 winter camo helmet.

International Military Antiques (IMA) has them for sale, I believe if you Google their name they should come up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast