MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 Finnish Artillery armband

Article about: Hi. I was offered this armband for 5 euros. Naturally, I bought it for that price. I tried googling and looking for Finnish artillery insignia, but I couldn't find this band anywhere. Is thi

Default Ww2 Finnish Artillery armband

Hi. I was offered this armband for 5 euros. Naturally, I bought it for that price. I tried googling and looking for Finnish artillery insignia, but I couldn't find this band anywhere. Is this a ww2 era armband, post-war, or even civil war era? Any help would be appreciated.
    ¨
    Ww2 Finnish Artillery armband

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ww2 Finnish Artillery armband
    P
    Many

Hello Axel.

I had a search using the term ‘raskas tykistö armband’ and found this information.

It is an armband of the Finnish army from 1918 of the I. Battalion Heavy Artillery.

My Finnish medals - Northern European & Baltic States - Gentleman's Military Interest Club

This may be of some interest too.

Heavy Howitzers (150 mm - 155 mm)
    FINNISH ARMY 1918 - 1945: ARTILLERY PART 6

In civil war white batteries were like 4, max 6 guns. And I think there were 24 batteries formed in 1918 from all miscelanneous guns availabe.

Is it original? Maybe, don't know because these are very simple to make, just black ink in white cloth.

I agree it's easy to reproduce, but the armband has that "old militaria smell". I don't know if the smell can be artificially replicated or how long does it take to get that smell, but based on the smell and the quality I had a semi-confident feeling it's real. I assume most collectors smell also before buying... or am I the weirdo/odd one out who smells every military piece I buy haha..

Well I do know that "Tykistö" text civil war armband has been faked.

Yeah, some attic or other smells are imposible difficult to re-create. But I tend to wash smelly things.

Worst smell I experienced was some ancient hair gel in m39 side cap, it just stink. I washed it off.