Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2021 Finds: A Year In Review

Article about: 2021 was a good year in my opinion for finds. I was able to find quite a bit of Imperial Japanese Collectables. So it got me wondering what interesting stuff did everyone else find? To start

Default 2021 Finds: A Year In Review

2021 was a good year in my opinion for finds. I was able to find quite a bit of Imperial Japanese Collectables. So it got me wondering what interesting stuff did everyone else find? To start us off, here are some of mine, all came locally from estates or flea markets. Best ABN

Nice haul ABN,unfortunatly this is the first year in six years since I started my second Japanese collection I haven't bought anything, I was bitten hard by the TR bug so all my funds have been going there.
    Merry Christmas
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

Well if we're counting "finds" I believe I can submit a few.

This musket was found at my 4x Great Uncles house. His name was Daniel Trautman, and he had a son named Emanuel. Emanuel fought in the American Civil War, and this is the musket he sent home to his dad after the war. It's an 1861 Springfield, and it was found with a metal detector in the trash gully beside the house. Also found were several Indian Head Pennies, and colonial era flat buttons along with other household items.

Revolutionary war relics found at my 8x great Grandfathers house - the first of my family to emigrate to America from Germany, and a soldier in the War for American Independence. The brass thing is a bridal rosette. The roundballs are colonial era, and the other bullet is Civil War era. We don't know how that got to his house in Pennsylvania.

Two of the only known bottles from this particular druggist, Ashland Pennsylvania. They were laying right on top of the ground in my super secret honey hole for bottle digging.

As for WWII items, I have some cool finds that I will post soon. Most of the good stuff was acquired in trades with Luftwaffe 1941 who was extremely generous, and from a couple of my favorite relic dealers. Some of the better relics I bought thhis year are on their way from Russia right now, personal relics from Stalingrad! Another neat find, is a branch of my family that served in all major German wars sine the 1700s, and even in WWI and WWII. Unintentional find, and eye opening, but interesting none the less.

Quote by Airbornehunter View Post
    2021 was a good year in my opinion for finds. I was able to find quite a bit of Imperial Japanese Collectables. So it got me wondering what interesting stuff did everyone else find? To start us off, here are some of mine, all came locally from estates or flea markets. Best ABN

Just in case you didn't know:

済州 Saishū
    一曹 Petty officer first class
    吉川 Yoshikawa
    電信 Denshin Telegraph

Saishūdō
    済州道 Saishūdō [Cheju-do; now called Jeju] is an island about 75 miles off the coast from Pusan. I was stationed there for a year as the company commander/sub-installation commander. The area near where I was stationed (Moseulpo & Seogwipo) was used as a Kamikaze launch area. The plane's bunkers are all around and today are used by local farmers to store equipment.

More images of Japanese structures on Cheju here.

-- Guy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2021 Finds: A Year In Review   2021 Finds: A Year In Review  

My two Japanese pickups this year, my first helmet & sword I don't think many of us can compete with you this year Airborne
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2021 Finds: A Year In Review   2021 Finds: A Year In Review  

Oh, I didn't notice this was in the Japanese militaria section, my bad. :/

Quote by John4022 View Post
    My two Japanese pickups this year, my first helmet & sword I don't think many of us can compete with you this year Airborne
    John,
    Not to derail the thread, but is there much to see on the blade nakago? I collect sword photos with numbers and/or stamps. If yours has any I'd appreciate some pics!

Quote by Bruce Pennington View Post
    John,
    Not to derail the thread, but is there much to see on the blade nakago? I collect sword photos with numbers and/or stamps. If yours has any I'd appreciate some pics!
    Hi Bruce, here's some photos. You helped me this past summer when I found it! Here's a link to the thread: WWII Japanese Officers Sword w/ Tassel

Very nice items guys i like it!!!
    I also had several good findings this year.
    This one came in today a document grouping belonging to airforce pilot Hisashi Nomura.
    He started as worker at the Nakajima aircraft factory but later become airforce pilot.

regards
    Delibes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2021 Finds: A Year In Review  

Yes, some nice things!

Have just had a look at my Japanese related purchases this year - was rather surprised, had bought more than I realised, despite lockdowns etc.!!!

My major finds were a Thai Type 83 rifle (a Type 38 Arisaka supplied by the Japanese government straight from the Kokura arsenal to assist the Thais in the Franco-Thai war of late 1940); a Type 95 NCO sword (Iijima, late 42/early 43); Type 89 binoculars by Suzuko; and some uniform items such as the Type 98 great coat and 1938 Type 5 tunic and trousers, and bread bag.

Have posted on some of these:
    Type 95 Iijima serial number question
    Type 89 Binoculars by Suzuko
    Marked Type 38 rifle sling

Cheers,
    Tony

2021 Finds: A Year In Review2021 Finds: A Year In Review2021 Finds: A Year In Review2021 Finds: A Year In Review2021 Finds: A Year In Review2021 Finds: A Year In Review

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast