Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

3 Japanese Officer Dog Tags

Article about: Hello, I have been offered another few Officer Dog Tags… im wondering if any are worth pursuing ???? I did the research as far as I can, From left to right: 1st tag: should be 14th area Ar

?

Superb work Nick, i will print everything out and keep with the tag... Thank you very much.

Best regards.
    - Ben

Quote by byBen View Post
    Superb work Nick, i will print everything out and keep with the tag... Thank you very much.

Best regards.
    - Ben
    You have been very fortunate, Ben. Finding Japanese officers and men in rosters, etc., is rare (at least for us non-Japanese speakers/writers); very unlike finding German garden-variety landsers or officers whom are traceable!! Judging from your avatar you'll understand "landser" -- for others, that is the German nickname for a seasoned enlisted soldier.

-- Guy

For many residents of Hokkaido, the word "Tondenhei" has a similar meaning as the word, "Ellis Island". Therefore there are many sites about them and complete village rosters are on the net, which is why I was able to go so far.

?

I tried jacar a bit... i think i found a record for a japanese officer tag i saw currently for sale... i will not pick it up seems like a boring example, 1938-1940 issued tag i think.

2nd lieutenant 26th artillery regiment... did i found his correct records??????? i just looked for unit / officer files and compared the characters.

- Ben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 Japanese Officer Dog Tags   3 Japanese Officer Dog Tags  

Excellent!!! Yes, Korematsu as a 2nd Lieut in an artillery battery during the China Incident; matches the regimental roll you posted.

是松栄
    Korematsu Sakai [or Sakae/Shigeru/Hisashi]
    The given name can be pronounced various ways.

-- Guy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2