Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Anchor-Stamped Type 94 Canteen

Article about: Hello! I have been looking to pick up a type 94 canteen (model 30? 99?) For a uniform I've been putting together, this one came up for the right price so I snapped it up. Interestingly, This

Default Anchor-Stamped Type 94 Canteen

Hello!
    I have been looking to pick up a type 94 canteen (model 30? 99?) For a uniform I've been putting together, this one came up for the right price so I snapped it up. Interestingly, This has not one, but 2 Anchor Ink stamps.
    would this mean it was intended for navy use? If that's the case I'd rather put it in a case next to my other "true" Navy pattern then wear it around outside where it could get damaged. Could it just be a Makers stamp? or just Joe Shmoe trying to increase the value of granpappys old war trophy?
    Any comments are appreciated.Anchor-Stamped Type 94 CanteenAnchor-Stamped Type 94 CanteenAnchor-Stamped Type 94 Canteen

That is a 1943 made army canteen with fake navy anchor stamp added by Joe Shmoe. Meaning of the markings explained here.

Any comments are appreciated.
    The poster obviously did not mean that.

Named to

池田
    Ikeda
    [pron. "ee-kay-dah"]

- Guy

And from Nick's authoritative link posted in comment #2:
    Exact same year/model as yours.

-- Guy

Nah, Work has been kicking my butt lately, but it's finally the weekend and I can relax a bit.
    Like I said in the original post, the price I paid was decent whether or not the stamp was real, I still came out ok. ( you know what they say, buy the item not the story.) in that case she'll work fine for what I need it for, thanks!