Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

arisaka frog

Article about: hello could someone inform me about this writing?is a frog arisaka... thanks in advance

arisaka frog

- - ------- - -

arisaka frog

arisaka frog

- - ------- - -

arisaka frog

all originals and no marking is not mandatory I assure you ... with markings it is the opposite very rare

Believe what you want. Markings were mandatory for the production system and payment of the suppliers. As I said, it is oiling that eventually fades them out as in your additional examples.

nick I do not doubt your statements but I try to show you that 90% have no or more markings and that to say it is a Japanese a Chinese a Siam it is very difficult. If Chinese there would be many other identical examples. . this is the only one I know .. I wanted to know how to write on leather to move forward .... thank you very much to you for your knowledge all the same

and sorry for my very very average english!!

Japanese Army markings are VERY specific, as to where they have to be located and what markings were to be applied. Each weapon got a markings manual. As for frogs, they required Year of manufacture, Arsenal ID and Acceptance stamps to be applied on the back side. BACK SIDE, never on the front like yours, which was a red flag for me. I also mentioned yours appeared to be marked in Chinese as a prototype, so there is good reason for it to be unique. Also that Kanji would not be used in Japan as marking indicating protos or tests.

It's Chinese, likely postwar Chicom, not Japanese.

?

Is a Chinese type 30 single loop frog the stamp is the arsenal logo

?

As mentioned Chinese

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2