Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

army helmet with small grouping

Article about: Hi, This helmet was also in the airforce collection. I write here what was given with the helmet correct me please if i am wrong. The helmet belonged to flight officer Tanabe, 2nd Army Airfo

Default army helmet with small grouping

Hi,

This helmet was also in the airforce collection.
    I write here what was given with the helmet correct me please if i am wrong.
    The helmet belonged to flight officer Tanabe, 2nd Army Airforce, 2nd unit.
    He was responsable for technical and design unit in the IJA.
    After the war he was working for Nissan and designed cars.

Helmet is marked with his name rank and bloodtype.
    The grouping are his wings and tabs.
    What i like on this one is it maybe belonged to a pilot never saw a helmet like this here in europe.

Regards
    Delibes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture army helmet with small grouping   army helmet with small grouping  

Hi Delibes,

Nice helmet!! Your information is correct.

〇型 Type-O
    航本 Aviation HQ [full name: 航空本部 Kōkū Honbu]
    砂川 Sunagawa [branch of Army Aviation Corps]
    田邉 Tanabe
    少尉 2nd LT

The Army Aviation Corps Headquarters had many sub-branches throughout Japan, one being your Sunagawa. I found this:
    砂川出張所(東京都北多摩郡大和村)
    Sunagawa Branch Office (Yamato Town, Kitatama, Tokyo)

Japanese Wiki link translated into English:
    In the same month of the same year, the Aviation Headquarters established branch offices throughout Japan to communicate with research institutes. The names and locations of each branch office are as follows (as of October 1942).

Ota Branch Office ( Ota Town, Nitta District, Gunma Prefecture), Ogikubo Branch Office (Shukumachi, Suginami Ward, Tokyo City), Atsuta Branch Office (Oe Town, Minato Ward, Nagoya City), Ozone Branch Office (Daikocho, Higashi Ward, Nagoya City), Kakamigahara Branch Office (Gifu Prefecture) Sohara Village, Inaba District), Akashi Branch Office (Hayashizaki Village, Akashi District, Hyogo Prefecture), Kitatachikawa Branch Office (Tachikawa City, Tokyo Prefecture), Sunagawa Branch Office (Yamato Village, Kitatama District, Tokyo Prefecture ), Chofu Branch Office (Chofu Town, Kitatama District, Tokyo Prefecture), Osaka Branch Office ( Shimaya-cho, Konohana-ku, Osaka City), Hamamatsu Branch Office (Nakazawa-cho, Hamamatsu City), Kobe Branch Office (Hide-cho, Nada-ku, Kobe City), Shimonoseki Branch Office (Oaza, Toyoura Village, Kotonohama, Shimonoseki City), Nikko Branch Office (Tochigi Prefecture ) Kiyotaki, Nikko-cho), Yasugi Branch Office (Yasugi-cho, Shimane Prefecture), Omori Branch Office (Omori, Omori-ku, Tokyo), Ryugu Branch Office (Ryugu-cho, Minato-ku, Nagoya).

Cheers,
    -- Guy

Hi Guy,

How are you friend?
    Thank you for your kind words and your confirmation of the traduction.
    As always your time and your research is very appreciated!! I will put youre research with the rest of the information of my helmet.
    Take care.

Regards
    Delibes

Delibes,

I just checked the map. Sunagawa Branch HQ (Kitatama District) would be right near Tachikawa City. Tachikawa Air Field (link to map) served as an air field for the Japanese Army, then the US Army, and now (again) for the Japan Air Self-Defense Force.

-- Guy

Very cool to know. Thank you!!