Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Asahi Rising Sun Flag. REAL?

Article about: Possibly getting this rising sun flag and was wanting others opinions on it first before I pull the trigger since im not to familiar with rising sun flags. Seller says its 34in tall by 41.5

?

Default Asahi Rising Sun Flag. REAL?

Possibly getting this rising sun flag and was wanting others opinions on it first before I pull the trigger since im not to familiar with rising sun flags. Seller says its 34in tall by 41.5 wide and that some stitching is coming out in some areas a little and one corner tab has a tear under it. Was possibly nailed up at some point. Thank you.Asahi Rising Sun Flag. REAL?Asahi Rising Sun Flag. REAL?Asahi Rising Sun Flag. REAL?Asahi Rising Sun Flag. REAL?Asahi Rising Sun Flag. REAL?Asahi Rising Sun Flag. REAL?Asahi Rising Sun Flag. REAL?Asahi Rising Sun Flag. REAL?Asahi Rising Sun Flag. REAL?Asahi Rising Sun Flag. REAL?Asahi Rising Sun Flag. REAL?

?

Accidently posted this first outside of the Japanese subsection, didn't see this section within the axis militaria section. Sorry about that.

Firstly, you need to be aware that the flag has nothing to do with the military. It is a civilian semi-official national flag displayed during wartime as a pair with the meatball flag.

These flags are also still sold today. The quickest way is to do a black light test. If it glows, it is postwar.

Here's a slightly larger one for sale today at 7700 Yen

?

Ahh ok thank you. I thought it might've been a civilian flag but wasn't sure. By chance what are the differences between a flag made for the military and a flag made for civilians? If this one is WW2 do you know how much its possibly worth? Thank you.

The difference is that the Japanese military never ever officially used a flag in that shape and design. Read the article I gave you a link to. A great number of households had that flag, so keep that in mind when considering whether the price is adequate.
    Last edited by Nick Komiya; 01-13-2022 at 12:18 PM.

?

Oh I didn't even realize that was an article you linked about civilian flags. Thought it was just highlighted. Thank you.