Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Assistance with Japanese Naval Visor

Article about: Gentlemen, I would appreciate your thoughts on this visor which I believe to be Japanese Navy. I will be putting up a Military sword when I find the forum to put in. In the meantime here is

Default Assistance with Japanese Naval Visor

Gentlemen, I would appreciate your thoughts on this visor which I believe to be Japanese Navy. I will be putting up a Military sword when I find the forum to put in. In the meantime here is the visor for your perusal. As always, many thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with Japanese Naval Visor   Assistance with Japanese Naval Visor  

Assistance with Japanese Naval Visor   Assistance with Japanese Naval Visor  

?

Nice example.

Thank you sir. Keith

?

The cap badge is a repro. And the lining, visor and straps don't look right.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Mikasa View Post
    The cap badge is a repro. And the lining, visor and straps don't look right.
    Thank. Could you educate us as to why the badge is a repro?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thank. Could you educate us as to why the badge is a repro?
    Dear Mikasa, I would also echo's Map question. My research indicates there Is little fault in comparison with the original badge. I look forward to hearing from you please.

Maybe because the chrysant is normally in chromed/silver look but i have seen such one's on other visor and the visor itself is also good in my eyes.
    I agree with jareth nice example.

regards
    Delibes

?

Keith, I know nothing about Japanese headgear however it compares favorably with this example I found. Same material, liner, sweatband, outer band, chinstrap and peak. The only difference I see is the cap badge as mentioned. I hope this helps.

Credit: Franz Fruth

Assistance with Japanese Naval VisorAssistance with Japanese Naval Visor

Assistance with Japanese Naval Visor
    Regards, Al

?

That's Japanese officer. Jr officer through admiral wore those. I pulled two photos of simular cap from the below link. Also good info on the YouTube link if you like Japanese items. Hopefully the link works. These two examples show silver.

Thanks Tim

August 2, 2020 - YouTube
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

It's obvious that the cap badge is a repro.

Assistance with Japanese Naval VisorAssistance with Japanese Naval VisorAssistance with Japanese Naval VisorAssistance with Japanese Naval Visor

If the patent leather on the visor survives materials resolving and maintains a perfect conditions over almost 8 decades like this example, it makes the hat a high value original, but the under part of the visor looks plastic to me. And the color of the lining, even the wood don't look right to me. The checking on the black rayon should be bigger.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast