Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

A collection of Japanese dirks

Article about: Good day to all respected members of the forum! The collection of Japanese dirks is gradually expanding and there are more and more new specimens. All dirks are identified and described. The

Never seen that emblem before! What source do you have that shows this one? Just curious.

Ha! Good link! Guess I learned something that I had learned before and forgotten! A mind is a terrible thing to waste.....

?

Another Taiwan General Government (Formosa) colonial dagger of Haninkan officials or army sergeants
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A collection of Japanese dirks   A collection of Japanese dirks  

A collection of Japanese dirks   A collection of Japanese dirks  

A collection of Japanese dirks   A collection of Japanese dirks  

You've got quite an interesting collection!

?

Good day everyone! I want to show the main types of officer daggers of the Japanese Navy from the early versions to the end of the war from my collection.
    The website 甲種三笠短剣・秀明、天照山作、短 七種 Mikasa, Tenshōozan & Seven sorts of dirks shows six options + cadet. I included in the collection another seventh option with a celluloid handle from the end of the war (this option is found quite often).
    Of course, this does not include rare versions of daggers before 1883, daggers made to order with minor modifications, etc.
    Thank you. With respect to you!A collection of Japanese dirksA collection of Japanese dirksA collection of Japanese dirksA collection of Japanese dirksA collection of Japanese dirksA collection of Japanese dirksA collection of Japanese dirksA collection of Japanese dirksA collection of Japanese dirksA collection of Japanese dirksA collection of Japanese dirksA collection of Japanese dirksA collection of Japanese dirksA collection of Japanese dirksA collection of Japanese dirksA collection of Japanese dirksA collection of Japanese dirksA collection of Japanese dirks

I'm surprised at the variation in sizes, though, it shouldn't surprise me! I had always assumed they were more uniform. But then, you normally only see 1 dirk at a time, which wouldn't give any comparison reference.

?

As it is, the early versions of the daggers had a greater variety of sizes than the post-1914 daggers.
    This baby is particularly interesting, its length is only 30.5 cm, in contrast to the 42 cm of later specimens.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A collection of Japanese dirks   A collection of Japanese dirks  

?

Good day everyone! Another interesting and rare Japanese dirk from my collection. This dirk of the highest official of the imperial court. An interesting menuki in the form of a 16-petal chrysanthemum with complementary intermediate petals - dzuroku-yaekiku. This coat of arms was used by the emperor, empress, heir, as well as the staff of the imperial court. This emblem is also found on the cockades of the Imperial Guard (only in the Meiji period, later the emblem was changed). The upper medallion of the scabbard shows a blossoming flower (peony), and the lower medallion shows a 5-7-5 kiri inflorescence. According to Fuller, the dirk is very rare.A collection of Japanese dirksA collection of Japanese dirksA collection of Japanese dirksA collection of Japanese dirksA collection of Japanese dirks

Imperial Household dirk! Very nice acquisition!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4