Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Commemorative Sake Bottle, translation/authentication

Article about: Hello all, I would greatly appreciate any help in translating the text on this sake bottle purportedly from the WWII period. My Japanese is practically nonexistent but I did hazard a guess a

I'm tossing around with the other mods. My feeling is in line with Akira. It would be simple to ammend all the articles in the Master Index with a name, such as:

A. Primers for new collectors of Japanese Militaria

1. Pre-war vs Post-war Japanese writing. Especially for those interested in Yosegaki Flags - Nick Komiya

2. Kamikaze Headbands. No, they were not for pilots, but for student girls. - Nick Komiya

3. Short Term Active Duty - Akira Komiya

etc, etc.

Of course the Index Name would be changed to something like "Master Index of Articles - Nick and Akira Komiya"

Now, a thought just came to me, as I considered the recommendation that we clean up the whole Sticky list - Would it be beneficial to simply make a "Master Index of Sticky Articles" which would include all of them, with afore mentioned name adendums? It would clean up the page, but, to me, it could make using the Sticky list a 2-step process, whereas now it is simple to scan the page and click on the Sticky of interest.

And sorry Fiore! I can clean this up to leave just your topical discussions. We should discuss this in PM or in a new thread.

?

Quote by Bruce Pennington View Post
    And sorry Fiore! I can clean this up to leave just your topical discussions. We should discuss this in PM or in a new thread.
    Not at all. My question has been answered in far greater detail than I could have hoped, so by all means, chat away. And thank you all again.

?

Sorry to resurrect a thread that's run its course, but I received this little bottle today, and it's a beauty. Very simple and elegant personal item, and my first ever piece of Japanese militaria. Thanks again for your help, gentlemen. The level of knowledge on this forum never ceases to amaze me.

I am glad you liked the item.
    After all, it is a fascinating piece of history with an interesting background.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2