Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Dog Tag Help Please

Article about: This is a tag I recently picked. It looks as if it was taped in a photo album at one time. I wasn’t able to get any information on where or who may have brought it back as a souvenir. It

Default Dog Tag Help Please

This is a tag I recently picked. It looks as if it was taped in a photo album at one time. I wasn’t able to get any information on where or who may have brought it back as a souvenir. It’s nice and salty and the first two numbers on the unit code remind me of other tags I have seen in the past. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dog Tag Help Please  
    Attached Images Attached Images Dog Tag Help Please 

徳 meaning virtue was the code for the Kwantung Army in Manchuria, so unit 7750 would have been one of its components. However, the code list issued in Nov. 1946 jumps from 7746 to 7756, so there is no record of a 7750 unit. I suspect, however, that it originally might have been unit 775 by the way the 0 at the end seemed not to belong initially. If so, 775 stood for the 25th Independent Infantry Garrison Battalion in Manchuria.

Thanks Nick I suspected it was from Manchuria or the Korea area going by the Dog Tag Specification post you made.. and thank you again for confirming what I suspected. I will be definitely researching the unit information when I get home.